Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 28, 2024, 09:23:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 841900 times)
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #3975 on: October 16, 2012, 10:23:47 AM »

Good one. Wink Just like some folks should never ride motorcyles there are just as many (if not more) that should never handle guns.

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #3976 on: October 22, 2012, 06:34:23 AM »

The only close calls that I have ever had were:
Someone tripping and the shotgun went off when it hit the ground. The safety was on, the sear had let go on impact. The gun had no business being loaded at the time though.
One other was a very dirty rental gun at an indoor range. I got two light primer strikes on a .45ACP that resulted in a FTF. I did all the right things. I kept the gun pointed down range dropped the mag and called the range master over to clear the gun. He instructed me to set it down after about 1 minute. It went off as soon as i let go of it. He test fired it and gave it a clean bill of health. It happened again just a few minutes latter. This time the round went off as the range master cleared the gun. We were all hit by the splatter as the round hit the lane divider.
The last time I had a close call was also at an indoor range. I was hit in the chest with a large chunk of splatter from an ill timed cylinder on a wheelgun. I thought that I had been shot! It hit me very hard and it burned! The lead did not break the skin.

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #3977 on: October 22, 2012, 08:23:28 AM »

Savage bolt action .22LR build update:
Base rifle is in hand
scope is mounted to the action
supressor is in hand
I have ordered the custom stock (thumbhole laminate) 8 week lead time

I still need:trigger gaurd
stock hardware
bipod
stock finishing kit
(time and money)
UPDATE:
Im just waiting on the stock to show up now. All other parts are waiting on a shelf at my house. I think that I might start my 10-22 build as well.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:43:16 AM by ducrider45 » Logged

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #3978 on: October 22, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »

The only close calls that I have ever had were:

I'm the guilty recipient of a Scope Kiss about three years ago, from a .270 magnum on an extreme uphill shot (still had a very solid backstop, however, so I wasn't shooting up & over a ridge) that made it hard to shoulder the rifle as I should have.

Worse, I missed.  Angry

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
DW

« Reply #3979 on: October 23, 2012, 05:10:48 AM »

I have been having a frustrating issue with my Glock 27. It occasionally stops 1 or 2 mm out of battery resulting in a light, off centered primer strike and a misfire. I thought at first it might be the result of a worn recoil spring, so I replaced it. No improvement. In fact, it got worse. I had three misfires out of 100 rnds the other day.

I finally noticed that the guide rod is dropping out of its slot in the barrel and sagging down until it hits the frame. Any ideas?  I'll be dropping it off with my local gunsmith next week, but I'm getting really frustrated.
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #3980 on: October 23, 2012, 12:23:29 PM »

No idea. I have several Glocks including the mini 26s and 27s. Gunsmith is the way to go... that is if they are well versed in G guns. Good luck with that. I've never had that problem. Stupid question: tried different ammo? Just a thought...

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
derby

« Reply #3981 on: October 23, 2012, 12:36:20 PM »

i've read of odd ejection patterns/failures to eject on gen3 and gen4 glocks built in the last two years, allegedly due to a changed extractor part.

reports seem to see the issue pop up around the 1000 round mark.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
DW

« Reply #3982 on: October 23, 2012, 03:34:22 PM »

Regarding ammo:  it's all been new production. From federal, Remington, and Winchester. It does seem much worse with the Remington, but does it with everything.

It is a gen three that was manufactured in December 08. I'm pretty much to the point with it that I'm going to send it through an armorer for a refurb and then just sell it. Probably as soon as I can actually track down something to replace it with. May go with a Sig 938 or a Shield if I can find one. Pretty frustrated because I do like the gun and shoot it well, but not at all impressed when it doesn't go bang.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3983 on: October 23, 2012, 04:14:12 PM »

chamber brush.  I feel you might have some buildup.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #3984 on: October 23, 2012, 06:17:56 PM »

I finally noticed that the guide rod is dropping out of its slot in the barrel and sagging down until it hits the frame. Any ideas?  I'll be dropping it off with my local gunsmith next week, but I'm getting really frustrated.

Make sure the guide rod is on the middle step. Also +1 on ammo.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #3985 on: October 24, 2012, 05:49:55 PM »

My boy, training some folks out on the wrong coast.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3986 on: October 24, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »

Has he been going back and forth between Glock and M&P?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #3987 on: October 24, 2012, 06:00:25 PM »

Has he been going back and forth between Glock and M&P?

Yeah, he runs one for awhile then the other.

DucNaked
I'm not just the owner, I'm also a

« Reply #3988 on: November 04, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »

How often do you guys shoot your SD ammo? With the cost of the stuff I only buy about 2 boxes a year (40 rounds). I shoot a full mag to make sure my pistol functions with it and that's about it. When I go to the range, I eject my SD mag and insert one with cheaper range amo. My first shot of every range session is my one chambered SD round followed by cheap stuff.

At the end of my session I rotate my SD rounds to a different mag. Insert mag, chamber a round, eject mag and top it off.

What do you guys do?

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
DW

« Reply #3989 on: November 04, 2012, 04:38:41 PM »

How often do you guys shoot your SD ammo? With the cost of the stuff I only buy about 2 boxes a year (40 rounds). I shoot a full mag to make sure my pistol functions with it and that's about it. When I go to the range, I eject my SD mag and insert one with cheaper range amo. My first shot of every range session is my one chambered SD round followed by cheap stuff.

At the end of my session I rotate my SD rounds to a different mag. Insert mag, chamber a round, eject mag and top it off.

What do you guys do?

I carry the gun in, and shoot it just as it has been riding on my hip. Testing it that way gives you confidence that it will shoot when needed. I only run one mag through like that, then switch over to cheap stuff. Ten rounds of good ammo isn't expensive for the piece of mind it gives.

Oh, and I have found issues using that method that caused jams. I have been able to adapt and prevent those issues from creating a problem if I really needed the gun.
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: