Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 21, 2024, 12:27:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 838270 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4185 on: January 04, 2013, 04:43:11 AM »

Wouldn't you buy a couple extra at $43 if you knew their price will double and/or they become unavailable?
No...I actually wouldn't.

I've 'managed' with what I have so far.

I'm not seeing any zombiepocalypse any time soon.

You, and all the others entering into this panic buying, are creating the market this pricing reflects.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #4186 on: January 04, 2013, 05:11:42 AM »

Um, I am not in any sort of panic....soy tranquilo.
 Wink

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4187 on: January 04, 2013, 05:47:29 AM »

IF you didn't buy them a year or two ago when they were cheap

Why do you need them now?

Seriously.

Chances are your need for them in a year or two from now will be about the same as it was a year ago.

Regardless of the price. 

I struggle to find AR70 mags below $50 for just one factory mag.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #4188 on: January 04, 2013, 06:54:11 AM »

IF you didn't buy them a year or two ago when they were cheap

Why do you need them now?

Seriously.

Chances are your need for them in a year or two from now will be about the same as it was a year ago.

Regardless of the price. 

I struggle to find AR70 mags below $50 for just one factory mag.

The last person I expected to post not in my defense!  Grin

With patience, pmags are the same price as last year.  Check CL or Gunbroker, they are selling for $30-$50 each.  People that buy at those prices are in a panic.  Truth is, I have been looking for a while.

Why would someone buy a pallet of ammo for a caliber they dont own?

The answer in my mind is, why not?

waytogo

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4189 on: January 04, 2013, 08:30:14 AM »

The last person I expected to post not in my defense!  Grin

With patience, pmags are the same price as last year.  Check CL or Gunbroker, they are selling for $30-$50 each.  People that buy at those prices are in a panic.  Truth is, I have been looking for a while.

Ammo is different from magazines, imho.  It's a diminishing commodity, so you use it up and it's gone.  Magazines don't get used up.

You probably have plenty of AR magazines right now.  Most people that already have an AR probably have a few at least.  If they haven't needed more than that, then they probably won't >need< more in the future.

I got my stash of magazines super cheap, so it was stupid not to get them (like 8 shekels each, about 2 bucks).

When I find ammo cheap, I pretty much always buy it.  I bought two pallets of Polish milsurp Tokarev ammo when it was going for 8c/round a few years ago.  I didn't have anything in Tok until I had an AR upper made for it.  At the gun show this past weekend, I saw the same crap Polish Tok ammo going for $1/round.  Stupid prices.  online you can find it for 30-40c/round now.  Same deal when the AK74 5.45 was going for 10c/round.  Picked up a pallet of it.  I still don't have an upper for it yet, but I'll get one soon. I already got the magazines for it.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Snake

« Reply #4190 on: January 04, 2013, 08:47:58 AM »

The last mag I put together for my open gun was about $270.  Old style SVI 170mm tube - $160, Taran Tactical base pad, spring, and follower -$50, tuning to get 30 rounds in it - $60. All that to start a stage with 30+1 in the gun.  Suddenly $50 AR mags don't seem so bad  bang head

I have a backorder with Sportsmans Guide for 2 cases of 5.45x39 at $.16/round...we'll see if they come through

2008 S2R 1000 - 2010 M1100 - 2011 Subaru WRX
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4191 on: January 04, 2013, 08:57:16 AM »

I have a backorder with Sportsmans Guide for 2 cases of 5.45x39 at $.16/round...we'll see if they come through

their 5.45x39 milsurp doesn't even show up in their catalogue now

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #4192 on: January 04, 2013, 12:40:04 PM »

2 OTHER REASONS....

1) incentive to then buy a weapon that uses said ammo....
2) like a futures trader of sorts to then resell it later at a profit....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4193 on: January 04, 2013, 01:15:44 PM »

2 OTHER REASONS....

2) like a futures trader of sorts to then resell it later at a profit....

tell me about it.

The tok ammo i bought was originally $64 per 800 rounds, and now I see them going for >$500

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #4194 on: January 04, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »

Phase 1: buy pallets of ammo

Phase 2: <shrugs shoulders>

Phase 3: profit

Grin

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #4195 on: January 05, 2013, 08:03:09 AM »

Man if I had the space...

Seems basically no risk  lol..

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #4196 on: January 09, 2013, 05:39:35 AM »

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/20538156/fpsrussia

FPS Russia dude found tied to a chair and shot in the back of the head...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #4197 on: January 09, 2013, 06:04:04 AM »

Its not clear to me if it was him or a behind the scenes guy. The pic didn't look like him and the article said he sometimes appears on camera.

Tragic nonetheless

Edit - not him. Weapons mgr
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:08:44 AM by Monsterlover » Logged

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DucNaked
I'm not just the owner, I'm also a

« Reply #4198 on: January 09, 2013, 06:07:53 AM »

It was the guy behind the scene. The dealer who let him shoot all the guns.

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4199 on: January 09, 2013, 01:11:42 PM »

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/20538156/fpsrussia

FPS Russia dude found tied to a chair and shot in the back of the head...

I saw that.

Fishy as hell.

Except he wasn't in a chair:  "Gun enthusiast Keith Ratliffe was found shot dead along a rural road"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2259190/Keith-Ratliff-Popular-online-guns-explosives-expert-shot-death-rural-Georgia-road.html#ixzz2HVzyPFhu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: