Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 01:35:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 837964 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4425 on: February 01, 2013, 02:14:21 PM »

Bad gun design is a bigger part of it. If there was a safety it wouldn't matter if the holster was perfect or not.
Glock claims 65% of PD's in the US use their product.

If that figure is accurate how bad can the design be?

Seems to me it's simple negligence.

Keep in mind I'm not a Glock guy

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4426 on: February 01, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »

Glock Leg isn't just about complacency. Bad holster design is a big part of it. I have an IWB holster for my Glock that the opening has started to curve in, and could easily pull the trigger. It will never be used again, and the only reason it isn't trashed is that I'm considering sending it back to the manufacturer.  

We did have an epic negligent discharge by one officer. Luckily no one was injured, and he was suspended for a very long time. Long enough that he had to get a new job.  

Have a friend that's a private investigator. We worked at the criminal courthouse together. He was an ex-DA investigator. He's a damn sharp gun guy. But he parked his Glock 19 for good when he capped off a round putting it into his IWB holster. Somehow the trigger got snagged. Thankfully no injury... just ventilated pants and hurt ego.

He went back to a .45acp Commander size 1911. Cocked & locked seemed safer at the time. Wink

Shit happens to even savvy/seasoned folks.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:42:29 PM by fastwin » Logged

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4427 on: February 01, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »

Have a friend that's a private investigator. We worked at the criminal courthouse together. He was an ex-DA investigator. He's a damn sharp gun guy. But he parked his Glock 19 for good when he capped off a round putting it into his IWB holster. Somehow the trigger got snagged. Thankfully no injury... just ventilated pants and hurt ego.

He went back to a .45acp Commander size 1911. Cocked & locked seemed safer at the time. Wink

Shit happens to even savvy/seasoned folks.
I'd argue that it only happens when they get complacent.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #4428 on: February 01, 2013, 03:00:55 PM »

The design of the Glock safety keeps me from buying one.  I can see why there are plenty of ADs with them.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4429 on: February 01, 2013, 04:14:53 PM »

You guys are killing me.  bang head

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4430 on: February 01, 2013, 04:16:57 PM »

You guys are killing me.  bang head

This.  Tab wearers have tons of hours on Glocks with VERY few incidents of negligent discharges. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
The Architect

« Reply #4431 on: February 01, 2013, 04:21:26 PM »

I agree....that paired with my personal preference of an external hammer...hence why I like my 1911's so much....

I'll second that!

fastwin

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4432 on: February 01, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »

I'm not killing anyone... at least not yet. laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp  OK... that is a serious joke. Wink Is there such a thing as a serious joke? Smiley

And I am a Glock fan. J. Browning's Hi-Power and 1911s don't hurt my feelings either. waytogo bow down For that matter I love Ruger and S&W wheelguns. That doesn't make me a bad person right? cheeky
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:06:07 PM by fastwin » Logged

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Rameses
Local Moderator

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #4433 on: February 01, 2013, 05:48:20 PM »

No argument there. And I'd say the same thing to them. Stupid.

In the last ten years I've worked at two agencies. At the first one I know a training officer that was shot in the leg by his rookie, a swat officer shot in the gut by a member of his team, a classmate that shot his partner in the arm during a gunfight, several rookies that AD'd in the parking lot and at home, and one of my present Sgt's AD'd in the station last month. We are still mocking him.

fastwin

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4434 on: February 01, 2013, 07:57:24 PM »

"Desk pop"... gotta love that! laughingdp

Everyone eventually has an AD. Mine was 20+ years ago with a SIG .308 AMT. Who the hell hid that single round in what seemed like an empty magazine? bang head Just a simple dry fire before putting it back in the safe after cleaning it. At least I aimed it low and in a safe direction. Learn from my dumbass mistake. No magazines in guns as they go into the safe... and triple check the chamber.

No... check it four times. waytogo
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:59:11 PM by fastwin » Logged

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4435 on: February 01, 2013, 07:59:47 PM »

Chamber, mag well, bolt face, chamber.

Oh and I've never had and will not ever have an AD.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:02:16 PM by kopfjäger » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
fastwin

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4436 on: February 01, 2013, 08:02:23 PM »

Thank God we can all learn from our make the beast with two backs ups. And thankfully no one gets hurt. Pride is cheap and it doesn't bleed.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4437 on: February 01, 2013, 08:07:41 PM »

Thank God we can all learn from our make the beast with two backs ups. And thankfully no one gets hurt. Pride is cheap and it doesn't bleed.

In my line of work I'd be done if I ever had an AD. That's why it won't ever happen and if you have one on my range, you're done. Bye bye.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4438 on: February 01, 2013, 08:09:26 PM »

Know the condition of your weapon at all times. It's not difficult.

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #4439 on: February 01, 2013, 08:13:44 PM »

Know the condition of your weapon at all times. It's not difficult.

Sounds like you might have been to a range once or twice in your life. Grin

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: