Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 19, 2024, 11:20:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 509   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Completely Un-official post a picture thread  (Read 773080 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2955 on: December 31, 2013, 09:36:53 AM »

Wow.  I prefer that to its current iteration, which looks like it was designed by Daedalus:

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2956 on: December 31, 2013, 09:38:49 AM »

TWA and Pan Am terminals, early 60's. (Idlewild)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 09:56:12 AM by kopfjäger » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
WarrenJ

« Reply #2957 on: December 31, 2013, 10:35:59 AM »

The old terminals vs the new terminals:

The old terminals were for providing their important customers an excellent service, wisking them wherever in the world they needed to go.

The new terminals are for processing and shipping cattle. 

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2958 on: December 31, 2013, 10:38:05 AM »

The old terminals were for providing their important customers an excellent service, wisking them wherever in the world they needed to go.

The new terminals are for processing and shipping cattle zombies

Fixed it for ya.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
WarrenJ

« Reply #2959 on: December 31, 2013, 10:51:10 AM »

I really miss the days when I got the occasion to ride in the corporate Beechcraft Super Kingaire 350.  Scotty the pilot would have coffee and doughnuts, just drive up, pile on and head out.  Work all day and fly back home for supper.  It was really weird in the winter.  I'd get up, shovel myself out of the driveway, bash through snowdrifts to get to the flight center, fly to Arkansas, hot, humid, work all day, fly back in the evening, bash back through the snowdrifts and shovel myself back into the driveway. 

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2960 on: December 31, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »

This is a large factor in that.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6l53f/whatflyingwaslikeinthe1960s/

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #2961 on: December 31, 2013, 12:08:06 PM »

When I said I prefer the older Idlewild, it was the artist in me that said so.  The practical part of me prefers the newer terminals, which necessarily do their job better, given that, as you point out, the 'job' has drastically changed.

I've had this exact thought multiple times while on line somewhere at an airport.  I'm a city boy so I don't really know what goes on on cattle farms, but some part of me just recognizes 'livestock farm' in the modern airport system.  Still, better than this:

(related video here...funny!)

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #2962 on: December 31, 2013, 01:36:26 PM »

for mary

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2963 on: December 31, 2013, 04:08:21 PM »

The Union News coffee shop in the TWA terminal at Idlewild.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #2964 on: December 31, 2013, 04:16:24 PM »

according to legend it is an Allison V-1710 V12

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2965 on: December 31, 2013, 04:36:24 PM »

Meh  Tongue

Starlight Express ( I ) 2 Allison V12 mit 4 Turbos

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2966 on: December 31, 2013, 04:59:54 PM »

~~~SNIP~~~

That's a "Seemed like a really good idea at the time."

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2967 on: December 31, 2013, 05:28:03 PM »

<thread jack>

http://www.thunderboats.org/history/history0323.html

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #2968 on: December 31, 2013, 05:29:23 PM »

thanks . ..  ineteresting ..

now, back to our regular programming . . . Grin

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #2969 on: December 31, 2013, 05:39:17 PM »

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 509   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: