Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 05:46:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pikes Peak Hill Climb  (Read 3396 times)
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« on: June 27, 2010, 05:12:41 PM »

Ok, Bonfy, Dusty,.... Spill the goods.. Lets see the Action shots, Shannon and I mace it to Fan Fest about 5:00, very cool. Didn't see anyone We knew and had to bail early. Hope everyone had a good time there and Today, see You All soon,     KRJ.

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
aerofaze

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »

I was hanging out at FanFest (first time ever) from about 5:30PM to 9:15PM.  Rode with another Duc owner and parked our bikes on Bijou between the two race vans.  Had lots of fun and was happy to see Ducati had a large presence! 

Towards 8PM or so, we made it back to the Ducati tents to say goodbye to Jake who was working, and I commented on the jacket worn by the gentleman seated across from him.  The rider was with a woman in the IOM78 jacket, also seated. 

Not sure if anyone knows who this is or if they're on the forum (or maybe it was you, KRJ)...?  Whoever it was, sorry I didn't get to stick around and introduce myself, chat, etc.
KRJ

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 04:07:59 AM »

Good Morning, Aerofaze, Shannon and I were there but left around 6:00 or so, We both drove, and didn't get a chance to change into any Ducati appearal. We did see Your bikes as We were leaving, made Me more frusterated I couldn't have rode. Oh well, it was still fun and I should be riding soon enough... [moto] [moto]    cheers,

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
duchristy

'02 M750 Senna with "character"

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 07:30:03 AM »

Mike, Phil, (Campbell) and I were all there too drooling over the bikes too.  (aka, we were the ones carrying aroud the baby girl.)  Bonfy was working the tent in the evening - she wears the IOM78 jacket at times, but I don't remember if she had that one with her or not.

Lots of fun to see so much red!
DarkDuc696

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 01:44:16 PM »

Looked like there were several Ducati people there that arent on the board. There was another gentleman there with an IOM78 jacket that stayed till after they were tearing down the Duc tent.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 04:51:50 PM »

Hey you all, I am sorry, I have not posted pictures of the Hill Climb yet.  I didn't see this thread till now and didn't realize everyone was so interested.   I will load them into photobucket and get some up.  I did post them on facebook though for what that is worth. 

It was a great time on Friday night, especially seeing some of the SoCO DOGs out and about.  The Hill Climb was amazing.  I will post pictures soon.  I have been working so much overtime, even the simplest effort is beyond me currently.  I will get them up before DiTR though since I will have a buttload more at that point.   coffee

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 05:13:22 PM »

Visited Santa Barbara Ducati today and hung out with Carlin Dunne the 2011 Pikes Peaks Hill Climb Winner.

http://www.ducatiofsb.com/

http://ducatiusa.com/news/ducati_wins_the_pikes_peak_international_hill_climb/2011/06/27/2153/index.do

Very cool shop, and Carlin and his crew were awesome, if you are ever in Santa Barbara stop by for a visit, but don't worry they will be at the hill climb for 2012 also.

Me (mikethebike427) and Carlin Dunne 2011 pikes peak hill climb winner.

Rookie of the year and 1205 Pro Hill climb trophies.

RR, awesome what else can you say....

3 Multistradas, from left to right a Pikes Peak Edition, the winning bike and a 1200 S Sport.

Look fast ! Ride Faster !
KRJ

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 07:22:08 AM »

Very Cool, Looks like You are having a good time... waytogo

mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 07:05:27 PM »

A must see Ducati film of the 2011 Pikes Peak Hill Climb sent to me by Mytduk so I will share with you  waytogo

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/pikes-peak-international-hill-climb-2011-ducati-story/

enjoy....

KRJ

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 07:50:14 PM »

Thanks Mike, really looking foreward to this years race. Always a new challenge even if they actually pave the rest or not..

mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »

mytduk sent this to me today, so I will share with you.  waytogo

http://pikespeak.ducatiusa.com/

Be sure to check out the "Ducati Ticket Package".....I'm actually considering this myself, couldn't think of a better way to spend $150.

Thanks mytduk !

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: