Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 14, 2024, 05:24:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MotoCzysz... electric?  (Read 1897 times)
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« on: July 02, 2010, 09:57:59 AM »

So, did any of you know Michael Czysz has been working on a butt-kicking electric bike?  They topped 135 mph on the Isle of Man TT circuit, with an average speed of 96+ mph.

(click the pic for the gizmag article...)

Finally, an electric motorcycle that looks cool AND goes like a bat outta hell.  waytogo  I wonder how far it would travel at "normal" street speeds (0-75mph)?

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 01:00:27 PM »

Check out the article in popsci too... pretty good pictures.  I talked to him last Tuesday and he was pretty psyched about it all... he says they could have beat the 100 mph average lap in practice but the rider didn't trust that the battery would last. Then in the race they took it fairly easy as they were winning by far and wanted to make sure they finished with no incident. I think he is still looking for investors though... awesome bike.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
scott_araujo

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 03:55:13 PM »

Yeah, they went to Isle of Man last year I think and they DNF'd with electrical problems.  Been doing better since then.  Electric motor was not their first language so not surprising.  There's a video out there somewhere of them spinning the engine way up.  It sounds downright scary powerful!  Wave of the future man.  The only downside I can see would be if they didn't have the resources to get both this and the dual crank motor to market.  I'd love to see that thing out on the tracks.

Scott
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »

Czysz had the great idea of using changeable battery packs. DOn't wait around for the battery to charge up, just swap 'em out and get on with riding. [moto]

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 12:39:28 PM »

Yeah it looked like he was using a swappable-pack architecture.  Very kewl.  waytogo

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 07:41:25 PM »

Yeah it looked like he was using a swappable-pack architecture.  Very kewl.  waytogo

I remember reading that he was working on independent battery management for each battery pack.

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: