Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:02:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Tire, Good Karma my way  (Read 790 times)
seevtsaab

05 M620

« on: July 11, 2010, 01:22:19 AM »

So, been bugging here about what tools to do my own tire changes, I knew it's getting time.

Rear Michelin Road2 has just over 8K, some treads looking more like shadows, and center of the tread is pitting.

So yesterday luckily at home, on a shitty Saturday, I find,

that's flat if you can't tell in the pic

Luckily Derby Cycles delivered my new Pilot Power 2CT this week $109 if you're keeping score at home.

And, I decided to upgrade beyond the HF changer setup.
I figured if I wanted a No-Mar bar or the MojoLever I'd be looking  total $250ish shipped, less if I went just with spoons, but, I was looking for a sure thing. the Cycle Hill had everything $365 shipped, and I won't feel dirty using it (no offense - I was ready to go cheap). Oh, $4 for valve stems and valve stem tool.
Box from Cycle Hill on my door Friday Morning - sweet - weekend project!

I have garage space to mount to the floor, but I hate to commit a spot, cement lag bolts just don't look like they like to be installed and removed too many times.
So out of scrap wood I make

(we're talking scraps here - what happens when you live without a truck - you use ALL your wood).

Bolted the changer on, $6 for mounting to wooden base,

and the rest is history!
http://photos.plaxo.com/photos/get/46/23/23/195/104618/3028469-m-0.jpg

Everything I needed was included (except a set screw for the No-Mar bar), I see how the 'Yellow Thing' would come in handy (I studied the No-Mar how to video) but I managed OK.

I left the wheel weights on from my previous change. I didn't find any marks on my new tire to align.

Went cruising up thru the notch and all seems well, just gotta check to see if I put that stupid spacer inside the left swing arm on right - I have a feeling it's backwards (I installed cone side out).  (EDIT - THAT WAS BACKASSWARDS)

Anyway, a great day to find a flat rire!
btw it was a rock sliver that killed the old one, same thing as my previous tire - one must love dirt roads.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:01:30 AM by seevtsaab » Logged
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 01:31:07 AM »

The large diameter of the spacer faces the swingarm...small diameter towards the wheel.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

seevtsaab

05 M620

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 02:49:35 AM »

Yup thanks DP, took about 2 mins to look up, don't know why I was too stubborn (aka lazy) to look it up,
much easier to remove the wheel! Again. Oh and reallign. And set the chain tension.
Well I didn't see it in Haynes or DT, that's my story.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: