Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 03:23:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducati Semi hard tail bags P/N 96777308B  (Read 5098 times)
g6

« on: July 12, 2010, 03:43:49 AM »

Hello all,
  For my first road trip I purchased a set of the Ducati Semi rigid tail bags from Saltlakemotorsports.com . A great shop with very helpful sales team.
  The instructions were minimal at best full of warnings in multiple languages with pictures  Smiley, the fit and finish is good with only a couple of loose threads.  The anti theft mechanism is an internal lock that latches to the top of the support. It feels very secure on the rack; however there is no lock for the zippers to secure the contents.
       I must say they look good mounted on the bike.
   During installation I managed to strip the hex sockets.  bang head off to work to drill out the head and extract the bolts.
Not having the proper bolts (shallow button hex cap screws) I used some regular hex head bolts, after mounting the hardware and checking the seat closure, the seat requires a bit more push to get latched. I will need to get the proper bolts after the trip. 
  I put the bags on and checked exhaust clearance. Looks ok.   After loading up the bags with a week’s worth of cloths, I put the bags on the bike and found the one flaw with the design, you need to pull most of the stuff out to lock the bags on the rack. Well locked and loaded, I went to bed excited and nervous for my first real road trip. My brother (Honda 1100 Shadow) and I where off at @ 7:30, to visit family. The day was cool and sunny, a great day for a ride, we made good time all the way. Spent time with the family, all were impressed that we rode our bikes up.  When we were set to leave, they all wished us  luck good weather and a safe trip.
After 931 miles with an average of 42.22 MPG, I am home safe if not a bit tired but better from the experience. The bags did well fully loaded, you could feel them back there only when pushing top speed, all in all a great purchase.

g6

Wheeeeeeeeeeee
redxblack

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 12:01:40 PM »

Nice write up. Do you have pics of the bags on?
g6

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 02:42:59 PM »

Sorry only one picture of the bike with bags on, we were leaving the hotel and not a very good one at that

g6

Wheeeeeeeeeeee
mysticbluex3

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 10:49:24 AM »

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for them?
NAKID

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »

Maybe it's just the angle, but those seem to stick out REAL far...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
carbon15

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 08:26:54 AM »

I have these bags (Ducati Semi hard tail bags P/N 96777308B) and somebody backed into my bike while it was parked.

The left side bag and the frame are fine but some of the plastic framing of the right side bag was shattered.

I've called several Ducati parts dealers and they say that Ducati doesn't offer any of the parts separately; I'd have the by the whole thing.

Does anyone out there have a right side bag only, or know where I can get one?

Also, for the curious, they do stick out pretty far from the bike and will limit your ability to lane split, even in states where it's allowed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: