Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:59:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: thoughts on levers and sprockets?  (Read 1864 times)
kp

« on: July 19, 2010, 06:46:22 AM »

okay, so the M620 tipped over on my driveway (the wind must've blew on it)
and broke off the knob on the clutch lever. I looked at levers on motomummy and
not sure at all what to get. It's an '06. I've wanted to go to shorty levers anyway!

and I'm thinking of going down one on the front sprocket. I had to replace the chain and rear sprocket last August in Rawlins WY, with what was available, and that was
a 46 tooth. Will I need to get a speedo healer? I'm also thinking about installing a K&N filter as well. then taking the bike to Silverback for a dyno tune.

any thoughts, suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated.   drink thanks!
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 07:41:18 AM »

crg's or asvs for levers and vortex sprockets.  Both types of levers alow great looks feel and adjustability.  shorty crgs are bullet proof, trust me mine have been pavement tested several times.  I can't ride a bike with out an adjustable clutch lever due to hand injery and any racer will tell you that the adjustable levers make everything easier in life.  vortex sprockets offer the full range of sizes and colors and are more durable than alot of other lightweight sprockets, cough renthal cough.  silverback can get you both and probally just slap them on while you are getting your tune for a small fee I would assume. Plus its good to support local business'. Plus with the levers its a good idea to have a mechanic or someone who has experience with the levers put them on becuase they don't always come just ready to slap on and can be adjusted wrong.  inproper adjustment can cause excessive clutch wear or brake dragging.  Esp with the clutch there needs to be a certain amount of wear as the cluch fluid heats and expands to cause slipping.  I had both problems when I just bolted up my crgs.  My 2cents bacon

Team Atomic Racing  Check us out @  www.teamatomicracing.com
Thanks to my 2011 sponsors;
Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
2009, 10, & 11 CRA 5 hour endurance race winner
CRA Expert #2
ZARS track school instructor
Desmo Elmer

"Maybe not so...."

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 02:33:39 AM »

KP,
I have a set of "gray" CRG shorty levers (large pivot) that I rescued off Whitey. (my deceased M800) If you have the "coffin" master cylinder reservoirs they will fit your M620. I will sell them VERY cheap. A few scratches, but they are straight and totally functional. They don't fit my S2r 1000 or I'd have them on that. I think the clutch even still has the little tab I mounted on it to activate the microswitch that allows you to start in gear. I don't know if the newer CRGs have that yet or not...

I'm not so familiar with the 620... What sprocket was stock on the 620? The rule of thumb is one tooth on front = three on rear and unless you're stunting I wouldn't go much more than that. I've always preferred three up in the back over the smaller front. Lots of folks run the smaller front and seem to be happy but IMHO one gets more vibration from the chain rubbing the wear strip and perhaps from the smaller arc the chain has to make. Cheap enough to try for yourself. I might have a 14T around which would also be VERY cheap. I'll check.

You do not have to worry about the speedo because the sensor is on the rear brake rotor so it's unaffected by sprocket changes. 

If you mean a K&N filter as in opening the air box I would suggest taking your bike for a little spin with airbox cover off (wire down the air filter or some such)  to decide if you can tolerate the "honk" of the intake. I personally find the intake honk annoying.

You canget my contact info off my website or e-mail/PM me through here if interested.

Ross

Ross

'04 M800 (R.I.P. Whitey)
'06 S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 S2r 1000 rubber still down
'05 GasGas MC 250 watch it or she'll loop on ya
'91 Husky 610wxe "paintshaker"
kp

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 09:48:07 AM »

okay, now I'm looking for a stock swingarm linkage. I scraped some hard parts
on the track. I had the bike lowered in Kansas City where I bought it and raised
it as much as possible. Now I'd like to raise it back to stock.

thanks for the help guys!  much appreciated.
kp

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 09:48:41 AM »

pm sent Ross
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 11:31:41 AM »

I have the stock dogbone from my 05 620 if thats what you are looking for.  make me an offer.  but if you allready have an adjustable one chances are you can actually raise it more than the stock height.  my adjustable dogbone is actually a lowering one that has enough adtl adjustability to raise the rear as well. and if you are scraping pipes thats common and the only way around that is to cut and reweld the header so it faces up more.bacon

Team Atomic Racing  Check us out @  www.teamatomicracing.com
Thanks to my 2011 sponsors;
Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
2009, 10, & 11 CRA 5 hour endurance race winner
CRA Expert #2
ZARS track school instructor
Desmo Elmer

"Maybe not so...."

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »

Did they swap out the pivot arm or put in a shorter dogbone? I guess I don't know how "they" lower those things.   I don't know what you mean by a "stock" linkage either, but I have a stock dogbone and upper pivot arm I'd give you for nuthin if that's what you're after.

Ross

'04 M800 (R.I.P. Whitey)
'06 S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 S2r 1000 rubber still down
'05 GasGas MC 250 watch it or she'll loop on ya
'91 Husky 610wxe "paintshaker"
kp

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »

thanks Ross!   sweet deal for me.

hope to see you at Theilman in September.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: