Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 10:20:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dan's vehicle sale status  (Read 8179 times)
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 10:03:44 AM »

Yeah, byproduct of a sucky economy.  Cheap rides are going like hotcakes... but the nice stuff is languishing around.  C'est la Vie.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 10:37:31 AM »

totally... and first guy who looked at it bought it for full price... even though I couldn't get it to turn over.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
scott_araujo

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 05:11:47 PM »

totally... and first guy who looked at it bought it for full price... even though I couldn't get it to turn over.

Did you ever sort out the title?
ryandalling

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 05:18:35 PM »

Never sorted out the title and the dude didn't care. I finally got tired of the friggen California DMV and cl was very fast on the response.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
scott_araujo

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 05:53:50 PM »

That sounds sorted to me Smiley
Bendy

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 10:54:56 AM »

Way to pass the turd, Ryan.
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 12:37:51 PM »

Way to pass the turd, Ryan.

One man's turd is another man's treasure. Evil

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
ryandalling

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 01:38:08 PM »

I laid the whole title thing all out plain and simple to him, and add in the fact that it wouldn't start. He still wanted it. Some people like it that way.    waytogo

duc_fan

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 08:17:47 AM »

Well, the DMF price is now $5400.  I need to get $5000 + the cost of the service out of it... service ran me ~$450, I figure I can trim a little off that.

Bike came back from Cheshire and runs beautifully.  waytogo

I have 2 interested parties.  We'll see if it sells in the next week or two...

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

GAAN
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »

I know your situation

but damn

I'd just keep it
ryandalling

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 03:48:13 AM »

I may have sold the Multi... well... the dude gave me $500 cash to hold it till he can replace the trailer he had stolen and come back tomorrow to get it... if he doesn't come back... easy $500...   waytogo

duc_fan

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 09:55:53 AM »

I know your situation

but damn

I'd just keep it

Well, there are a couple interested parties, so we'll see.

NADA average retail is about $4750.  That's for a bone-stock one.  With everything mine has, and the condition it's in, others are telling me that even the $5800 listed on CL ain't a bad price.  $5400, I think, is reasonable.  I paid over bluebook, it's about the same amount over bluebook that it was then, I've added more OEM and performance parts to the list, and it's not like I'm making a profit on this deal.

I'd love to keep it, but I'm moving out to this property my father-in-law owns in Klickitat County... a little ways west of Centerville, WA.  Here's a Google Maps view of the area. (if it's not already on Satellite view, switch to that)  5 miles of dusty, graded gravel road, and then a really rough "road" on the property.  Like, a Honda Pilot scrapes the undercarriage out there.  My Durango does fine, but fake city-slicker-SUVs do not.  Jeeps, 4x4 pickups, and real 4x4 SUVs built on truck frames are the best thing out there (Durango, Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition, etc).  The new Subaru Outback, with roughly 9 inches of ground clearance, also does alright... but only just.

So yeah... even a Multi would have to be ridden carefully.  This is really the home spoke-wheeled dirt bikes with lights... the KLR650, XR650L, F650/800GS, or DR650.  An R1200GS Adventure would also feel at home.  I still want a Multi because I could get it out to the property carefully, but still enjoy the superb winding asphalt of the Centerville Highway.

So yeah, there is no way short of an enclosed trailer that the 900SS is going out to the property.

I am having to come up with a backup plan, though... the Saturn Sky isn't gonna make it out there.  It could do the graded gravel road (though it'd be filthy), but there's no way in hell it'll get from the road down the driveway to the house.  So... I'm going to be looking at renting a garage storage unit or a hangar to keep the roadster near pavement where it belongs.  If we do that, and the 900SS hasn't sold, I can keep it there too.

I may have sold the Multi... well... the dude gave me $500 cash to hold it till he can replace the trailer he had stolen and come back tomorrow to get it... if he doesn't come back... easy $500...   waytogo

Good on you, mate!  waytogo  Hopefully it works out for ya... better for you to get more money out of it than wait and get less.  I have lots of options, so no worries here.

Actually, we were out at the property target shooting last weekend.  I hadn't been out there in over a year.  Let's just say I felt a lot better about my beater Durango with the crappy paint and trim.  With that fresh reminder of exactly what the roads are like, I am starting to wonder if a replan on vehicle selection is in order.  Do I really want to drop $9k-$10k on an immaculate Ducati for it to live out there?  I'd feel better about beating on a crash-bar-equipped GS Adventure.  For commuting, I seriously think another bike is in order, like a KLR650, XR650L, or DL/DR650.  Something I really don't care about beating on or dropping.  If I do go with a Multi, I'm almost thinking an older and less expensive one would be better, so I don't have so much money tied up in something that's gonna live a hard life in ranch country.  Regardless of what I wind up riding, it's gonna get a bash plate, big dirtbike pegs, and crash bars (minimally).  Evil

ryandalling

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 05:38:47 PM »

Sold for full price in cash. Hand checked every bill with special pen and uv light. All is good. Woo!

duc_fan

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 11:18:45 AM »

Sold for full price in cash. Hand checked every bill with special pen and uv light. All is good. Woo!

That is great news!   applause

Believe it or not, as much as I would have loved to buy yours, it's actually a bit of a relief to see it sold.  I feel like I can go focus on not-so-clean bikes that will be better suited to the rough ranch-country life.  That trip out to the property last weekend was a bit of a re-awakening to what the environment will be like.

I've got an appointment for Sunday with a guy who's interested in the SS.  Here's hoping it goes well.  I'm a bit stressed... never sold a vehicle before, and with the impending move to the boonies I'd really like it to find a good home.  I'll feel a lot better once it has sold.

Then the '98 GTI needs to go... I have the replacement ABS sensor cable for it, now the cable needs installed.  Hopefully I'll also be able to give it a bath and a wax job this weekend.  Need to clean/detail it, then it needs listed.

Anyway... awesome news Ryan.  Glad you sold it and got full price!  Now go buy your wife's ski boat.  Wink

duc_fan

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 07:38:06 AM »

Sale pending...

I have a cash deposit.  Meeting at my bank tonight to take care of the remainder.

Here's hoping it goes smoothly...

I put the monoposto seat cowling and CF high pipes back on and gave it a good polish & wax before showing it yesterday... Man, I'm going to miss that bike.  Cry

Maybe I should turn around and go buy that Cagiva Gran Canyon that's on Craigslist for $4600...  Same basic motor as the 900SS, and I love that motor.  Throw on some Staintunes, rear shock with remote adjustable preload, crash bars, and call it good.  Cheaper than a Multi, just as comfortable, and more capable off-road.  Hmm...

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: