Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 03:55:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: June 6th 1944  (Read 5121 times)
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 01:49:35 PM »

Hung out at my grandpa's house Friday night and watched some episodes of Band of Brothers.

He was an armored cav scout (C Troop, 113th Cavalry) that started in the cav when they were still riding horses. It has taken this long for him to be open to telling war stories. He walked away with 3 purple hearts, 2 bronze stars, and a silver star...and a Luger from a crispy fried flame broiled German SS officer...  chug

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
Sinister

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 02:10:16 PM »

...and a Luger from a crispy fried flame broiled German SS officer...  chug

Any distinguishing markings?  Some had swastikas on the grips.

"...but without a smiley, some people might think that sentence makes you look like a homophobic, inbred prick. I'm mean, it might leave the impression that you're a  douchebag or a dickhead, or maybe you need to get your head out of your ass."  DrunkenMonkey

"...any government that thinks war is somehow fair and subject to rules like a baseball game probably should not get into one." - Marcus Luttrell
abby normal

jesus is coming ... look busy!

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 03:27:10 PM »

i don't think making light of some soldiers agony, even if they were on the other side, is appropriate.
was the war necessary?  absolutely.  did the vast majority of soldiers on the other side have any
choice in the matter?  nope.

1990 851 bp
2004 S4R
1997 YZF 1000R
1987 NT650
2010 BMW s1000rr
2013 848 evo corse se
COWBOY

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »

i don't think making light of some soldiers agony, even if they were on the other side, is appropriate.
was the war necessary?  absolutely.  did the vast majority of soldiers on the other side have any
choice in the matter?  nope.

If he was SS then yeah the choice was his -  not only that but he survived hell to become an SS trooper.  As an SS officer the likelihood that the captured luger has a dubious past with regards to civilians, pows, etc is great as well.  Not all enemies are honorable nor are all deaths.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:59:51 PM by COWBOY » Logged

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: