Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 06:10:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer!!  (Read 50835 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« on: August 27, 2010, 04:48:40 AM »

chug

Maybe this should be in the Random Drunkeness thread but maybe it could have a separate thread life of it's own. I've been getting out of my same old beer rut lately and trying new stuff. It shouldn't be any surprise but there are some amazing things to drink out there so I thought I'd put it out here to list stuff that we like, don't like, love & hate and whatever is in between.

My two Flying Dogs, the Imperial Porter and the Double Dog Pale Ale just about can't be found here anymore having disappeared from Tamura's, Foodland and Liquor Collection in Ward Warehouse. They have other Dogs I could try and maybe I will.

Picked up some Rogue Dead Guy Ale and wasn't too impressed with it at first. It's starting to grow on me and it's probably a bit better than Bitburger. I like the Sierra Nevada Tumbler fall ale but it's a seasonal beer and will soon be gone as well.

Tried a North Coast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout last night. That was really good. I'll have to try that again. Not as hoppy as the Flying Dog or Sierra Nevada, very balanced with lots of flavors and STRONG.  A sipping beer.

This is getting interesting with learning about the different brews and why they were made.  Long shipping voyages to India and Russia.  How could the Russian's ever get mad at the west when we shipped them such wonderful stuff to drink?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »

The temptation to post a Tequila!! thread is strong, but I am lazy. 

As of last week, Fujioka's still had imperial Porter and Double Dog Pale, so there's a chance that, umm, that associated grocery might as well.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 09:06:06 PM »

As of last week, Fujioka's still had imperial Porter and Double Dog Pale, so there's a chance that, umm, that associated grocery might as well.

Thanks for the heads up!

We can change this into a beer & tequila thread. No worries. This thread most likely won't get a lot of miles anyway.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.3
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 10:27:46 PM »

chain side doesn't necessarily carry the same beer.

market city may not necessarily carry the same beer, but they can always get the flying dog, since it's in the system.

there will be new tequila at mililani soon. and it's worth drinking the crap out of.
DRKWNG
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 05:10:29 AM »

chain side doesn't necessarily carry the same beer.

market city may not necessarily carry the same beer, but they can always get the flying dog, since it's in the system.

there will be new tequila at mililani soon. and it's worth drinking the crap out of.

Who was that masked man?
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 05:57:11 AM »

Who was that masked man?

I didn't see anyone...

teddy037.3
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 08:24:48 AM »

these are not the droids you're looking for
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 08:50:18 AM »

these are not the droids you're looking for

Obviously not.  The new guy is a .3 version.   Grin  Welcome Back!

DRKWNG
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 01:49:19 PM »

Working on my second double dog and I really don't think there is much alcho...  THUD!
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »

Working on my second double dog and I really don't think there is much alcho...  THUD!

laughingdp

teddy037.3
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 03:09:20 PM »

The new guy is a .3 version.

new guy?
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 03:10:56 PM »

Don't worry yer pretty little head about it, .3

I have a Hawaii Nui Sunset Amber.  It's good enough, but I don't see myself buying it again.

teddy037.3
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 03:13:11 PM »

where'd you get it?

I'm at the end of a bottle of vino, and still need to start my chores for the day.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »

new guy?

Well....... hey........ the guy only has like, 7 posts

DRKWNG
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 03:27:25 PM »

newb.   Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: