Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 14, 2024, 08:14:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer!!  (Read 53555 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2010, 03:46:30 AM »

PSA:  There are plenty brands of decaf that are just as tasty as the real thing. 

Grin
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »

My last Glissade is going down, and I like it a lot better than when I started them.  Cold is a necessity - if it sits around for even 15 minutes it gets too hoppy for me.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »

My last Glissade is going down, and I like it a lot better than when I started them.  Cold is a necessity - if it sits around for even 15 minutes it gets too hoppy for me.

That explains why you don't go so much for Sierra Nevada, as they tend to be hoppier than most other brews.  I have to look it up but there is some sort of hop index that brewers use. I do know that the Glissade is one of the least hoppy beers that they offer.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:39:30 PM by mac900 » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2010, 09:37:17 PM »

That explains why you don't go so much for Sierra Nevada.  I have to look it up but there is some sort of hop index that brewers use. I do know that the Glissade is one of the least hoppy beers that they offer.

Wrong again!! But I'm used to it.  laughingdp  The index of which I speak is called the IBU index or the International Bitterness Unit index and in general the more hoppy the beer the more bitter it is. In actual IBU's the Glissade exceeds the standard S.N. Pale Ale which surprises me as I would say the Pale Ale is hoppier but in fact that may be due to other factors. The Glissade is a bock and has a creamier texture to my taste and that is why I think it's less bitter when in actuality it isn't.  So what.... it's all good....

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2010, 12:57:11 PM »

Aha! 

Yeah, I like the creaminess, and I don't HATE hoppy, though bitter isn't my thing.  Hoppy can change depending on the hops used.  Jen knows more about types of hops than I do, which is both sad and awesome...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2010, 11:40:01 PM »

Drank some Orion beer today...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2010, 06:43:31 AM »

Drank some Orion beer today...

Ah, Orion.   My first experience with it was at Genghis Khan Mongorian BBQ in Kadena.  Consumed with many bowls of food and many other Orions, it was pretty good.   waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2010, 09:06:46 AM »

Jen knows more about types of hops than I do, which is both sad and awesome...

I wouldn't focus on the sad part much, although I think I get what you mean.  I think it's awesome that she knows about hops, the different ones, etc., etc. !!

You might try some of the 30th Anniversary Sierra Nevada brew that's out now. Not so bitter, not that hoppy and quite smooth. At least the Charlie, Fred & Ken's Imperial Helles Bock we had last night. Not that it made me do handstands but I think I'll go out and get a couple more before they disappear. 

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2010, 07:54:14 PM »

I saw that at my local sellerator last weekend - guess I should swing back in and give it a shot.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2010, 05:43:07 PM »

I'm going to do a back to back taste test between a Hair of the Dog Adam and a North Coast Rasputin tomorrow night.  Had an Adam last week & somehow it didn't seem all that notable, but then I might have had too many others previous to it so I thought I'd give it another shot.  drink

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2010, 09:31:57 AM »

Last night:  Mad River Brewing Co. Serious Madness Black Ale.   waytogo  Creamy and chocolatey to round out the bitterness.  Good stuff though.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2010, 11:39:48 AM »

Last night:  Mad River Brewing Co. Serious Madness Black Ale.   waytogo  Creamy and chocolatey to round out the bitterness.  Good stuff though.

I've been looking at that stuff on the shelves so I suppose I shall try some.  Did the taste test last night and my first impression of the Hair of the Dog Adam wasn't that far off. It's a bit syrupy and dense with lots of chocolate/coffee type flavors. Definitely a good, distinctive beer but it doesn't grab me like the Old Rasputin or the Flying Dog Imperial Porter. I still think the Hair of the Dog Fred is better than the Adam but that's why we have different tastes.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:39:45 AM by mac900 » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2010, 08:48:15 AM »

OK --- last night I had one Mad River Brewing Co. Steelhead Extra Stout. Pretty doggone good stuff. Definitely better than the Rogue offerings I've tried and at the same price. Not a beer for the faint of taste. I'll try more of it tomorrow night. It's not quite up there with my two regular fav's but it's the best second I've found. I just had to try the Stout first cause it got the highest style points at RateBeer of all the Mad Rivers. Such a whore I am.  Roll Eyes   I'll get the Black Ale next week cause it's the one Tristan liked and it's seasonal, which means it might not be on the shelves much longer.

DRKWNG
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 01:27:23 PM »

All the different pumpkin ales have hit the shelves here.  DAMN there are a ton of craft breweries all up and down the east coast!!
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2010, 04:41:03 PM »

I'm not much of a pumpkin ale fan, though I'm not much of a pumpkin-flavored-thing-that-isn't-pumpkin fan either.  Have you had anything you liked?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: