Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 12:26:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer!!  (Read 53977 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2010, 04:43:37 PM »

I had a pumkin ale that was really tasty when I was in the UK, but nothing state-side.  I bought two of them today though, just to try out.  Had the Shipyard/wreck earlier and wasn't too impressed.  Got the Dogfishhead in the fridge, but there are lots of other tasty things there too.  Might have to go back to the DuckRabbit stout, which I heart.   drink
DRKWNG
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »

Ok, just had the Dogfishhead Pumpkin Ale and it is mighty tasty!!   waytogo
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2010, 09:34:46 AM »

This is what I'm working with over here. FML.

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
DRKWNG
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2010, 02:04:05 PM »

Trey, any chance you will stop off in the DC area while on your return leg?
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2010, 06:48:29 AM »

Trey, any chance you will stop off in the DC area while on your return leg?

Naw, they route the flights to two other airports for the folks going on leave. Wish I could stop in, have a brew or 12, and try to unlock the Masonic secrets of Washington DC.

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
whackie

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2010, 01:06:09 AM »

drank 1/2 bottle of wine. haha, been too long since i drank. need to go sleepy now.  Grin
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2010, 10:55:31 PM »

I tried one of the Mad River Serious Madness Black Ales tonight that Tristan recommended. So far I like it better than the Steelhead Extra Stout. Good thing too 'cause it costs more, or rather costs the same but only comes in a four pack instead of six pack. I'll compare the two against each other this weekend but so far I think this stuff is right up there with my favs.   waytogo I guess you can only trust reviews just so much and then you have to try it for yourself.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2010, 03:22:58 PM »

Yeah, it weren't cheap, but it was good.

I've got some newbies in the fridge for the weekend:  EKU 28, which was billed as a "really good Optimator"; Pinkus Organic Hefeweisen and Pils.  Haven't had great luck with Organics, but I'm open...

[add]
Ok. the pils is actually pretty tasty.  Mild, but not boring.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:14:09 PM by jebus tristos » Logged

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2010, 08:22:32 AM »

The Black Ale vs. the Extra Stout is a draw at this point. The Extra Stout has a chocolate edge to it that I missed before but other than that I'm hard pressed to say which I like best. That can only mean more experimentation is called for.   chug

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2010, 08:35:02 AM »

For the garage rock'n roll bar-b-que mentioned in another thread I bought a 12 pack of Sam Adams Octoberfest. Hey, it was on special and I figured for a bunch of folks it would be a pretty good deal. I think out of that twelve pack I had two and one other person had one. People preferred Coronas and Heinekins and Steinlagers.  Tell ya what, there is no super good reason to go out and buy Sam Adams. Not a bad beer but not for the price, even at the sale price. Any Sierra Nevada is far, far better.

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2010, 07:47:20 PM »

Interesting.  I really rather like the Sam Adams Octoberfest.  Actually, I kinda like anything they make that isn't Boston Lager.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2010, 11:58:59 PM »

I found the missing Octoberfest in the garage refrigerator.  laughingdp  There is a regular down at the bar at Kincaids that loves the stuff on tap. I'll have more this weekend but I can tell you that I still prefer the Mad River stuff, the Sierra Nevadas and even the Rogues. The SA is still way ahead of the popular green beers and the ubiquitous Corona kool aid piss.

I saw some Sam Adams Imperial Stout stashed away at the liquor store tonight. I might grab some of that and give it a go. Not might, I will.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:00:43 AM by mac900 » Logged

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2010, 10:57:11 AM »

Yeah, the SAs are definitely not high-end craft beers.  I kinda think of them as good beers that have been dumbed-down to meet a larger common denominator.  At a decent price they are very drinkable.

The Imperial series are pretty good, but way too expensive for what you get.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2010, 01:40:21 PM »

The Imperial series are pretty good, but way too expensive for what you get.

Dang!

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2010, 02:58:18 PM »

Dang!

Don't let me get in the way - I'd still try it!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: