Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 14, 2024, 08:11:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer!!  (Read 53553 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2011, 08:41:02 PM »

$18 for a sixxer?   Shocked  Are you serious?  It's $8 here.

You're joking, right?  That price is from Tamura's, which usually has the most reasonable prices. And, so far, the only outlet that I've seen carry them. I haven't checked in with Whole Foods yet.  For Hawaii prices I'd expect around $12.00.  Tamura's used to sell BigFoot for 10.95. Liquor Collection was $2.00 more plus the recycle costs.

$8.00 per six pack would be a serious habit for me.  chug

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2011, 09:10:45 PM »

I'd have to double check, but I think it's $15 at Fujiokas.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2011, 10:18:51 PM »

I'd have to double check, but I think it's $15 at Fujiokas.

Fujioka's is just down the street from Tamura's in Kaimuki.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2011, 05:26:21 AM »

Ok, I was wrong.  Raging pregnant dog is $8.99 here for a sixxer.  I can't believe that have such a HUGE mark-up on it over there.  But then again, as stated before, Pipeline Porter is cheaper here than it is down there.   Roll Eyes

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »

Ok, I was wrong.  Raging pregnant dog is $8.99 here for a sixxer.  I can't believe that have such a HUGE mark-up on it over there.  But then again, as stated before, Pipeline Porter is cheaper here than it is down there.   Roll Eyes

They probably send the RB over here one six pack at a time.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »

They probably send the RB over here one six pack at a time.

laughingdp

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »

Thanks to Gene's & Majdi's contributions I had the pleasure to try two new beers.  Gene supplied me with a six pack of Leffe Blond+Blond Belgium Ale. Nicely tasty for what I would call a wheat based ale. Light enough but still good on a hot afternoon. I'm not big on wheat beers but I'd make an exception for this one as the wheat taste is not overbearing. One of the more commercially available Belgiums that works for me.

Majdi came up with a six pack of Bigfoot Ale  waytogo but threw in a single of Mad River Double Dread Imperial Red Ale. Quite tasty and more my style but I don't know if I'd pay the high price for it. Still had a good kick. Might be one of the better reds.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2011, 04:02:19 AM »

The Leffe offerings are quite tasty!  See if you can find any of the Delirium beers down there as well.  Also, have you seen any Leffe Brun?  That one is worth a shot, and probably a bit more to your liking.

Had one of these last night.

It was very very tasty...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »

Sampled a Deschuttes Black Butte 23rd Birthday Reserve last night and ran over to Tamura's this afternoon to snag the last two bottles they had as of this time anyway. Yumm!!  drink

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2011, 10:35:12 PM »

Sampled a Deschuttes Black Butte 23rd Birthday Reserve last night and ran over to Tamura's this afternoon to snag the last two bottles they had as of this time anyway. Yumm!!  drink

I had a couple of the 20 or 21.  It was magnificent.  I didn't realize it was time for the new one.

zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2011, 11:09:35 PM »

Been drinking a few of these, not because it's the hip thing to do, just because it's cheap and I enjoy it.

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2011, 12:39:17 PM »

My retirement dream ^^^   waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2011, 03:44:44 PM »

Retirement.  Now that is a dream.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »

Retirement.  Now that is a dream.

No kidding. Especially now that they want to restructure/strip the military retirement benefits.

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2011, 04:01:59 PM »

No kidding. Especially now that they want to restructure/strip the military retirement benefits.

Changing the retirement has been coming for quite some time now.  However, the chances that the final outcome is anything like the first draft/proposition is really unlikely. 

(btw, I understand that it's easy for me to say that right now, but I still believe it)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: