Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 09:12:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacing S2R 800 Brake/Clutch Reservoir  (Read 2509 times)
psycledelic

« on: June 07, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »

I want to replace the coffin style reservoirs on my S2R with either the plastic cylinders that come stock on the higher end Monsters or the Rizoma aluminum versions.  Here is where my questions start:

1) What all am I going to have to replace?  My current units seem to be integrated with the levers and mirror mounts (which I use -Rizoma mirrors). 

1a) Is this going to require new brake and clutch hose?

2) Any other suggestions on aftermarket brands.  (Or other brands - such as MV Agusta's triangle shaped) that look good and won't leak.

Background: This is a want/need upgrade.  I definately want better looks, but my current brake res. is leaking around the seal a lot. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
DarkStaR

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 10:23:59 AM »

1)   You'll need to replace both masters.
1a) You don't need to replace the lines (unless you change the calipers also).
2)   You could use masters from the 749/999 sbk, and the multistrada (similar looking to the MV). 

MV masters might fit.  The diameter of the MV bar is slightly different in size, but not impossible.  Keep in mind the MV Brutale has the mirror mounts built-in to the master mount, and look fugly with out the MV mirrors.

FYI:  I went with the S2R1k brakes on my S2R803.

melvin

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 11:43:13 AM »

i've replaced mine and didn't have to replace masters at all; all i did was bleed the brakes
rizoma looks nice (imo)

however if you don't want to spend much money you can go for a plastic reservoirs with a billet aluminum lid. oberon makes one but you'd have to get both reservoirs of the same size as they only make a lid for a brake reservoir
other companies make these lids but i've forgotten. surely someone else will remember

DarkStaR

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 11:49:39 AM »

I want to replace the coffin style reservoirs on my S2R with either the plastic cylinders that come stock on the higher end Monsters or the Rizoma aluminum versions.

i've replaced mine and didn't have to replace masters at all; all i did was bleed the brakes
rizoma looks nice (imo)

He has coffin style reservoirs.

melvin

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 12:20:36 PM »

He has coffin style reservoirs.

so did i before installing the rizomas..................they're standard on S2R 800
DarkStaR

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 01:01:18 PM »

so did i before installing the rizomas..................they're standard on S2R 800

You have goldline masters though.

psycledelic

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 03:27:01 PM »

Yea, I think my master and reservoir is all one unit.  Now that I think about it, the 999 reservoirs might be what I was thinking about (instead of the Agusta).  They have both on the floor at the shop and I may have gotten my wires crossed during all of the drooling.  I really like the Rizoma reservoirs, but I also think the plain clear plastic ones look good on the monsters also.  I can cross that bridge after I round everything else up I need.  I appreciate the advice and pics.

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: