Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 18, 2024, 02:14:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knives..what are your favorites?  (Read 209010 times)
WarrenJ

« Reply #450 on: January 09, 2012, 07:47:03 PM »

A little one I just finished - Forged 1/8" 1080, clay differential heat treat, bocote handles.  Sharp little gentlemans knife.

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #451 on: January 09, 2012, 10:17:37 PM »

drool

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #452 on: January 10, 2012, 08:07:14 AM »

That's beautiful work, as always.  waytogo

Have fun with the blacksmithing class -- it's pretty amazing what you can induce steel to do with the proper persuasion!

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
dropstharockalot
Sex-Toy Bludgeonin'

The Teabaggin' Dragon

« Reply #453 on: January 15, 2012, 08:14:29 PM »

Picked up a CRKY M16 Zytel w/ combination blade at the gun show for $35... hadn't seen them anywhere for less than $50, so I'm pretty happy about that.  It's my reward to myself for finally being grown-up enough to not lose my pocketknife for over a year.  If I can keep tabs on this one for about that long I may reward myself with one of those sexy tactical folders that are all over this thread...

This'll be my first knife that didn't come out of a plastic blister pack from the local sporting goods store since I started EDC about three years ago.  The difference in the finish of the parts and the fit of the various pieces is just miles apart from what I'd been working with.  I've only had it for two days, but so far I'm very pleased with it.

Stock photo:

'96 M900
Stage One - K&N Pods- DynaCoils - Remus Ti Hi-mount pipes (dented) -Thrashed paint - dented tank - Oberon bar-ends
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #454 on: January 16, 2012, 04:27:25 AM »

Picked up a CRKY M16 Zytel w/ combination blade at the gun show for $35... hadn't seen them anywhere for less than $50, so I'm pretty happy about that.  It's my reward to myself for finally being grown-up enough to not lose my pocketknife for over a year.  If I can keep tabs on this one for about that long I may reward myself with one of those sexy tactical folders that are all over this thread...

This'll be my first knife that didn't come out of a plastic blister pack from the local sporting goods store since I started EDC about three years ago.  The difference in the finish of the parts and the fit of the various pieces is just miles apart from what I'd been working with.  I've only had it for two days, but so far I'm very pleased with it.

Stock photo:

Love that knife, I had Gerber's version for quite a while. It's so light that I forgot to take it out of my pocket at the airport, TSA at the security checkpoint wasn't too pleased to find a knife on me...

2001 M750 - Sold
2006 S2R 800 - She's just darling
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #455 on: January 16, 2012, 09:24:28 AM »

I worked at the local county criminal courthouse for years. I occasionally go back to see friends or meet them for lunch. Can't tell you how many times I have gotten within a few feet of the security check points and scanners when I remembered I had my tactical folder in my back pocket. I always have it, my money clip and car keys with me all the time so I never even think about it. Since I don't work there anymore if they found it I would probably loose it for good. If I still worked there and had my security ID on me they would give me the option of taking it back to my car. Not anymore. bang head I'm just lucky I've remembered at the last moment. I like my knife too much to loose it to stupidity. Wink

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
dropstharockalot
Sex-Toy Bludgeonin'

The Teabaggin' Dragon

« Reply #456 on: January 16, 2012, 01:30:54 PM »

Yeah, I bumped into that at a State building a couple of weeks ago... that was a big part of the reason my EDC blade was a $19.99 p-o-s.  Sometimes you're just not going to make the appointment on time if you have to walk the blade back to the parking garage, and surrendering the cheapo blade is easier to swallow than parting with the good one.

I suppose I'll just have to be more aware of where I'm attempting to take my deadly weapon in the future if I want to keep possession of it.

All this dang grown-up responsible behavior is HARD.

'96 M900
Stage One - K&N Pods- DynaCoils - Remus Ti Hi-mount pipes (dented) -Thrashed paint - dented tank - Oberon bar-ends
supperduc
« Reply #457 on: January 22, 2012, 12:04:21 PM »

cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #458 on: January 22, 2012, 01:41:56 PM »

Nice.. who made them?

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
supperduc
« Reply #459 on: January 22, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »

The top one is more of a decorative collector's item, non-functional.
The second one, I bought an old rusty blade from auction when I stationed in Okinawa Japan then had it polished and fitted one of the local sword-smiths.
I bought the third blade from CAS Han Wei and fitted it myself with using parts from various sources. This sword is fully functional.
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #460 on: January 22, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »

Nice.. I need me a real hand made sword.. I've got 4 (set of 3) and another one from a coworker years back. Commercial made it feels.. 

I WIN

About the goat...
red baron

« Reply #461 on: January 22, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »

A little one I just finished - Forged 1/8" 1080, clay differential heat treat, bocote handles.  Sharp little gentlemans knife.

Gorgeous... waytogo

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #462 on: January 22, 2012, 07:08:26 PM »

http://www.outdoorpros.com/

Anyone order from here?  They have a cheaper Kukri Machete..  im guessing quality is slightly less them the one turf got..

I WIN

About the goat...
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #463 on: January 22, 2012, 07:28:56 PM »

www.chriscrawfordknives.com

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #464 on: January 22, 2012, 07:32:45 PM »

nice stuff

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: