Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 18, 2024, 02:09:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knives..what are your favorites?  (Read 208848 times)
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #645 on: September 07, 2016, 02:40:23 PM »

Purty.

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #646 on: September 21, 2016, 06:51:39 PM »

Stopped by a local knife store today with the intent on replacing my lost Ontario RAT II ($30) with something similar.  Walked out an hour later with a Benchmade Grizzly Creek ($195).  Not sure how that happened...

Anyway, great knife.  Just hope I don't lose it as I'm prone to do.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #647 on: September 21, 2016, 07:00:35 PM »

That's really nice!  waytogo

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #648 on: September 21, 2016, 07:03:04 PM »

Stopped by a local knife store today with the intent on replacing my lost Ontario RAT II ($30) with something similar.  Walked out an hour later with a Benchmade Grizzly Creek ($195).  Not sure how that happened...

The answer is pretty simple. You're a man, and it was shiny.  Cheesy

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
JimboM

« Reply #649 on: September 27, 2016, 05:26:48 PM »

I just carry my old Opinel No. 8 every day.  Love that thing and have had it forever.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #650 on: September 27, 2016, 05:49:27 PM »

I just carry my old Opinel No. 8 every day.  Love that thing and have had it forever.

Here. Let me help you out.  Wink

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #651 on: September 28, 2016, 06:17:14 AM »

It's been a few years since I owned an Opinel. It's about time I changed that.  waytogo

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #652 on: September 28, 2016, 08:57:04 AM »

I've got a mystery Opinel. A good bit greater than 30 year old as it was given to me at that time, and been in the previous owner possession for some time. Blade profile doesn't match anything on the current site with the classic beech handles.

Hand and crown icon is to the left of 'OPINEL' on the blade and turned 90 degrees so it's long axis is aligned with the blades length. Also no 'INOX' marking.

Also just from a different era of production. There's grind marks in the body of the blade and irregularities that hint at hand shaping.

My 'Good' folder is a Benchmade 705s I gifted myself for HS graduation. With a tiny bit of break in, super easy to one hand open.

And I've got a couple Gerber EVO Jr's that have in the garage etc - since at $12 a pop they are a good little knife, but I won't cry at all if they vanish.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #653 on: September 28, 2016, 08:58:37 AM »

If I may....I'm partial to one knifemaker in particular. He ain't heavy....

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #654 on: September 28, 2016, 09:16:06 AM »

That's some nice file work.  waytogo

JimboM

« Reply #655 on: September 28, 2016, 04:59:19 PM »

Thought I'd snap a pic of her I guess.  Grin  Shavin' sharp and pretty to boot

DesmoDiva

« Reply #656 on: October 02, 2016, 02:12:58 PM »

Love me a nice Benchmade.

B bought me last year to carry for protection.   Very easy to open fast with one hand with some practice.  I just can't clip it to my pants as the turned up end of the clip scatches the stearing wheel when I get in and out of the car. First world problem.

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #657 on: October 18, 2016, 11:16:21 AM »

My latest obsessions are fixed blade Damascus steel knives...picked up 5 of them at a local knives and gun show but haven't yet taken any pics. A skinner, a couple of hunting knives, a "dagger" and a Chef's knife.

I am also looking for a Damascus steel sword blank to work with a local smithy friend to make a nice cross-piece and hilt (he does the cross piece and I do the hilt out of a nice hardwood).

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #658 on: October 18, 2016, 03:37:37 PM »

Friend gave me a HR Wolf, gonna take a pic later and post it . . . Looks nice

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #659 on: October 21, 2016, 07:48:24 AM »

This is a personal favorite - a Western Knife Co. sheath knife, made in Boulder, CO. It's certainly nothing special to look at; the bolster is loose and the handle has a fair amount of wear. I traded a knife I'd made & sheath I'd sewn for this Western, because it's identical to the knife my father used to carry - one that I remember from countless Boy Scout trips when he was an assistant scoutmaster in my troop, and the mid-1970s backpacking trips he and I took every summer for several years. He let me borrow it once, and I promptly lost it when I flipped a raft on the Deschutes River - only to spot it again 8 feet down in a calm pool below the rapid, where we were righting the raft and taking stock of the damage. One of these days, I'll probably get my dad's knife again (he just turned 80, so I hope it's several years from now), but in the meantime, I'm enjoying this one:

IMG_20121221_081223 by triangleforge, on Flickr

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: