Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 18, 2024, 10:19:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knives..what are your favorites?  (Read 209109 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #345 on: February 28, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #346 on: March 01, 2011, 08:10:42 PM »

Cool..looks very similar to the Boker money clip/knife. 

IIRC..Strider has a CF blade.  I'll see if I can dig it up.

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
hooligan machinist

"Slightly" modified 97M750

« Reply #347 on: March 01, 2011, 09:13:10 PM »

My favorites are the kind that stick people, Grin

cell # (931)-316-2020
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #348 on: March 20, 2011, 01:33:35 PM »

The Kershaw/ZT factory is going to be on the History Channel's show "Modern Marvels."  The show is set to air on March 18th 9pm ET on the History Channel.

Did anyone see this?  I was out of town for the week and missed it.

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
WarrenJ

« Reply #349 on: May 09, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »

Finally got done with the funerals, illnesses, weather and other pestilence and got back to the forge.  A quick pic of some knives in progress.  The hamon in the knife in the foreground came out pretty nice. 

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #350 on: May 09, 2011, 02:14:57 PM »

Finally got done with the funerals, illnesses, weather and other pestilence and got back to the forge.  A quick pic of some knives in progress.  The hamon in the knife in the foreground came out pretty nice. 

Great job Warren!!   waytogo

Is that something you do for profit or is it just a hobby?

2001 M750 - Sold
2006 S2R 800 - She's just darling
WarrenJ

« Reply #351 on: May 09, 2011, 02:20:35 PM »

I'm trying to get to the point where it is a bit more of a paying proposition.  I've sold a few and have given away a bunch more.  My metallurgy is good, but I'm still working on the cosmetics.

cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #352 on: May 09, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »

Hey j, can you make a set of  khukuris...? Like turf bought..  if you can do them for around the same price, it'll save me on shipping .. I can make my own handles..   want a set for defensive purposes..  they make some good zombie choppers...

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
The Bearded Duc
a.k.a. duc750

« Reply #353 on: May 09, 2011, 06:17:29 PM »

I'm trying to get to the point where it is a bit more of a paying proposition.  I've sold a few and have given away a bunch more.  My metallurgy is good, but I'm still working on the cosmetics.

I think they look pretty damn good!!

Hell, I'd be interested if you inclined to try a scandi grind!! No pressure though.   Wink

I think most people are interested in the blade for functionality, the cosmetics, IMO come from the handle.

What type of steel are you using?

2001 M750 - Sold
2006 S2R 800 - She's just darling
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #354 on: May 09, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »

Might have to jump on this one from Mr. Crawford.

http://www.crawfordknives.com/ROGUE%20KASPER%20IVORY%20HANDLE.htm

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Mother

Free Organic Individual

« Reply #355 on: May 09, 2011, 06:31:44 PM »

if you spend 1800.00 on a pocket knife

you should be taken out back and beaten to death with it

found my old skin suit
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #356 on: May 09, 2011, 06:35:43 PM »

if you spend 1800.00 on a pocket knife

you should be taken out back and beaten to death with it

Over the years I have bought 6-7 knives from Pat. None under $500, but none with as much work as this one has. Collectors item brother, pure work of Art. If you ever meet him at a show you will know what I mean.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #357 on: May 09, 2011, 06:37:04 PM »

Here is a really clean functional tactical fixed fighter.

http://www.crawfordknives.com/KASPER%20FIXED%20BLADE.htm

WarrenJ

« Reply #358 on: May 09, 2011, 06:37:47 PM »

I've talked to him at the Chicago show a couple of times - good people.

WarrenJ

« Reply #359 on: May 09, 2011, 06:45:28 PM »

I'll have to look at how the Kukri edge geometry works - might be interesting to pound out.

Most of my knives are made of 1080 or 5160.  I do mess with a few other steels, but they are my favorites so far.  I do have a chunk of S7 that I am going to attempt a short sword with but I understand it is very red hard and resists the hammer so lots of pounding. 

I like doing the Hamon, clay heat treating thing so 1080 is a good match for what I like to make.  They are tough, look good and hold a great edge.  5160 will get a faint hamon but boy does it make a tough knife.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: