Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 18, 2024, 08:26:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knives..what are your favorites?  (Read 209097 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #360 on: May 09, 2011, 06:52:17 PM »

I've talked to him at the Chicago show a couple of times - good people.

Yes he is, very soft spoken man and will take time to talk to you on the phone at length. I have bugged him
on several occasions.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #361 on: May 09, 2011, 07:06:37 PM »

Here is a knife Mr. Crawford did for me 10yrs ago. He no longer makes this configuration (it was called a Point Guard), but I'm sure he would if asked.

I had him do this one with titanium bolsters and blade with Micarta handles. It has traveled quite extensively.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Mother

Free Organic Individual

« Reply #362 on: May 09, 2011, 07:36:10 PM »

The idea of having to use one to pry open a battery terminal or open a can of beens would make a guy sick

its why I can't have nice things

found my old skin suit
WarrenJ

« Reply #363 on: May 09, 2011, 07:39:10 PM »

I always enjoy looking at good tactical folders.  So many of them look great in pictures but end up being so large as to be awkward to carry.  The Pointguard aways has a great reputation, is big enough to be useful and still slim enough to work in the pocket.  I'd feel naked without a good folder or two.  

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2011, 08:00:48 PM »

The idea of having to use one to pry open a battery terminal or open a can of beens would make a guy sick

its why I can't have nice things

That what a screwdriver is for.  Wink

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #365 on: May 09, 2011, 08:02:49 PM »

I always enjoy looking at good tactical folders.  So many of them look great in pictures but end up being so large as to be awkward to carry.  The Pointguard aways has a great reputation, is big enough to be useful and still slim enough to work in the pocket.  I'd feel naked without a good folder or two.  

I have another Point Guard. Ti handles, drilled out with a steel blade. I have a belt stud on it instead of a pocket clip.

IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #366 on: May 09, 2011, 08:25:56 PM »

Nice work Warren! 

Like that. 

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
Turf

Awesome > Logic

« Reply #367 on: May 09, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »

I'll have to look at how the Kukri edge geometry works - might be interesting to pound out.

Most of my knives are made of 1080 or 5160.  I do mess with a few other steels, but they are my favorites so far.  I do have a chunk of S7 that I am going to attempt a short sword with but I understand it is very red hard and resists the hammer so lots of pounding. 

I like doing the Hamon, clay heat treating thing so 1080 is a good match for what I like to make.  They are tough, look good and hold a great edge.  5160 will get a faint hamon but boy does it make a tough knife.

I loves me some kukri, I'd be interested depending how much you can do them for. just something I can slap some micarta slabs on maybe powdercoat and get to fending off zombie hordes. I was considering getting a ZT folder....but custom kukri's are farrr to appealing.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #368 on: May 09, 2011, 09:26:43 PM »

Speaking of ZT ^^  

I showed wife's coworker my 301.  First thing she said is "Oooh..I like the zebra stripes!!"   Roll Eyes

Haven't gotten around to posting up these pics unitl now.  My step-mother makes jewlery so I asked her to make a bead to put on a lanyard.  She came up with the idea of a silver shark tooth.  She molded it from an actual Mako tooth.

Unfortunately, it's too big (sized more for a bolo tie) so I picked up one of these knife cases to put it on instead.

I've never heard of Maxpedition products before but they have a ton of gear!  The case is good quality for only being $25.
Anyway, the tooth goes along well with the shark "morale patch" I picked up a few months ago.   waytogo

« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:28:14 PM by IZ » Logged

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #369 on: May 09, 2011, 09:33:08 PM »

One more IZ_ phone pic.   cheeky

New Darly Ralph "Gunhammer" along with my ZT and "Rajah III" Kukri.  waytogo

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #370 on: May 16, 2011, 10:45:42 PM »

This is another Point Guard that Mr. Crawford did for me. Titanium handles (drilled) steel blade and a Belt Stud in place
of a pocket clip.

Mother

Free Organic Individual

« Reply #371 on: May 17, 2011, 12:46:17 AM »

yeah

knives

fun

Undecided

found my old skin suit
WarrenJ

« Reply #372 on: May 17, 2011, 04:53:58 AM »

Back to the round ended scissors for you!   Grin

cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #373 on: May 17, 2011, 07:46:24 AM »

Crazyglue?

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
WarrenJ

« Reply #374 on: May 17, 2011, 08:26:57 AM »

Its just a matter of time before I nick myself good.  Especially all the hours I spend hand sanding, its so easy to slip. 

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: