Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 16, 2024, 10:23:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oct. 2 - Spaghetti Breakfast Ride  (Read 2037 times)
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« on: September 30, 2010, 07:20:10 AM »

So the Viva Italia Ride got washed out last weekend and the route is too good to not put to use. This Saturday Oct. 2 we will be meeting up at the Harford Rd. Shell just north of the Baltimore Beltway at 9am, kickstands up at 9:30.

I've adjusted the route slightly (some of the unknown roads I picked off Google Maps turned out to be friggin dirt...) and have ridden the entire route. Here is the planned route:

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 07:28:33 AM »

You're competing with the Demo day at Duc Pond...sorta. Yeah, Winchester VA is not exactly close to Bal'mer so it's probably not real competition. Just sayin'

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Artful

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:34:21 AM »

Yeah, that's a bit of a hike for folks just looking to ride. The last thing I need is more motivation to drop more money into the bike so I figure I'll just go ride the living piss out of it.

Roads like this are featured:

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
Lars D

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »

If tomorrow gets better I will attend twisty perversion tour.
DRKWNG
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 04:00:11 PM »

Tomorrow?  Thought he was talking about Saturday. 

Looks like Lars took a page from my book, hit the pipe too hard and forgot what day it was.   Grin
Lars D

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 04:19:30 PM »

Tomorrow?  Thought he was talking about Saturday. 

Looks like Lars took a page from my book, hit the pipe too hard and forgot what day it was.   Grin
If I had the pipe I would hammer it right about now as I am trying to stop my house from flooding.

DRKWNG
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 04:20:19 PM »

If I had the pipe I would hammer it right about now as I am trying to stop my house from flooding.

YEESH!  Good luck with that! 
desmo_drum

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 06:27:51 PM »

frack! I'm out, kids/soccer/visiting parents  Cry Undecided Embarrassed

Sorry, that train has sailed
Lars D

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 03:10:35 AM »

Won't be able to attend.
Artful

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »

Absolutely fantastic ride. Ended up with four bikes because of the relatively short notice and all you fools going out to the Pond to lust after bikes you can't buy Cheesy

Early traffic in the northeast side kept things reasonable for the beginning of the ride. Things opened up after we accidentally crashed the Darlington Apple Festival like a bunch of hoons. I'm pretty sure there are a few women in Darlington that fell in love that day...

Once things opened up the roads were great. Plenty of long sweepers, a couple tight sections on shaded roads that proved challenging, and dodging wash out from the biblical amount of rain we got only a few days prior. The pace stayed reasonably quick, and other than a mail truck stopped on a curve that gave everyone a little high blood pressure (remember kiddies, this ain't the track, leave yourself some aw shit room) there were no hiccups.

Loch Raven Dr. is still shut down during the weekends so we missed the twistiest section, but Spooks Hill Rd made up if it once everyone got used to riding the washboard surface in spots. Other than that area the roads were in impeccable condition minus the aforementioned washout in some of the low spots.

I'd love to lead another ride up in that area and some of the other great roads nearby, so if anyone wants to go riding, I'm back next Sunday after a jaunt down to TX.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:28:35 AM by Artful » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: