Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 02:51:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hundred Mile Burger  (Read 2527 times)
Venom51

« on: November 08, 2010, 07:26:53 AM »

I rode with a couple of friends (1 Ural and 1 Monster) to Washington Texas for one excellent burger. We rode out 290 East and then cut south at Paige to run on some Farm to Market Roads then cut up through Round Top and follow the old La Bahia Road all the way to Washington. It was a nice day - low 60’s in the morning when we set out - not a cloud in the sky.

A Russian and Two Italians - I know there is a joke in there somewhere...

We visited the tombstone for the Goucher/Indian attack.

We made it to Highway 237 to run into Round Top. I decided that I'd try some good Russian air in the tires, so I borrowed my buddies Ural air pump.

In Independence, TX there are the remains of the original Baylor University chartered by the Republic of Texas in 1845 As Baylor Female College. Here are the columns from the original building. (check out info on it here: http://www.independencetx.com/BaylorPark.htm)

All three of us next to the columns.

A bit farther down the road - almost to Washington (where the Texas Declaration of Independence was signed) - is the B&S 105 Grocery and Gas.

They cook up a big, mean burger, and excellent tater tots. The burger was fresh cow, hand formed, had to be over half a pound, fresh cut veggies, four friggin pickles, big thick slices of onion - definitely worth the drive.

After inhaling the burger we did a little loop over past Washington, and back to Independence.

And back down FM390 (La Bahaia Road). In Old Gay Hill there's a neat old 1 lane brick arch underpass under the railroad.

I needed to stretch my legs or fart...can't remember which.

A nice 280 mile out and back. If you're within a hundred miles of Washington, Texas, and consider yourself any kind of carnivore - go eat one of their burgers. (B&Js 105 Gas and Groceries, 17255 Highway 105, Washington, TX)  waytogo [moto]
John1454

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 12:55:32 PM »

thanks for the RR!!!

I'm always looking for a good excuse to go on a ride... so I will go check it out one of these days.
Venom51

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 01:05:43 PM »

thanks for the RR!!!

I'm always looking for a good excuse to go on a ride... so I will go check it out one of these days.

Not that the roads aren't worth it but the burger is fantastic.  drool
hiero

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 05:48:16 AM »

That's about halfway between Austin and Houston, next time, you have to stop in Round Top and get yourself some pie as well as that burger in Washington (they charge extra if you DON'T get the pie a la mode)!  Let us know, we could probably make a trip to meet you out there

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
Venom51

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 06:31:34 AM »

That's about halfway between Austin and Houston, next time, you have to stop in Round Top and get yourself some pie as well as that burger in Washington (they charge extra if you DON'T get the pie a la mode)!  Let us know, we could probably make a trip to meet you out there

I will definitely let you know.  [moto]
Drjones

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 06:11:31 PM »

FYI.  The Austin DOC and Third Coast DOC in Houston are in talks about a mid way ride/gathering in Round Top soon.

"Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else tomorrow."

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
Venom51

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »

FYI.  The Austin DOC and Third Coast DOC in Houston are in talks about a mid way ride/gathering in Round Top soon.

Perfect timing. Will they post here?
Drjones

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 03:51:51 PM »

They'll probably put the event on their calendars:

http://austindesmoclub.com/

http://thirdcoastdoc.org/

All that's come across the comm lines is it looks like the 21st of this month will be the day.  I'll divulge more when I know more.  It's a good idea to drop your respective DOC a line and say hello anywho.

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
Venom51

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 04:12:55 PM »

They'll probably put the event on their calendars:

http://austindesmoclub.com/

http://thirdcoastdoc.org/

All that's come across the comm lines is it looks like the 21st of this month will be the day.  I'll divulge more when I know more.  It's a good idea to drop your respective DOC a line and say hello anywho.

Thanks for the info.  waytogo
Drjones

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 03:32:06 PM »

Deleted.  Put in its own thread.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:51:47 PM by Drjones » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: