Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 08:10:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last Ride of the Season  (Read 3977 times)
AkLiz

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 10:11:57 PM »

My last ride for the season was a couple of weeks ago.  We now have about 4 inches of snow on the ground and 4 bikes in the house.  April feels like forever away... Cry Cry
The Bacon Junkie
I have a Bacon Wrapped

Save the brass...

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 10:13:39 PM »

Think of it this way... 6 months to do some pregnant dogin' mods!  Wink

[moto]

bacon

I only see jesus having a sauna with a teletubbie.
I find it disturbing that you're imagining me in a sauna, never mind the teletubbie aspect of it

Save the Brass...
AkLiz

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 11:20:18 PM »

You have an excellent point, and there will be some modding taking place Smiley  Still not quite the same as riding, but at least maintenance and mods won't interfere with riding season.
seevtsaab

05 M620

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 04:42:25 AM »

I'm holding out hope, not planning to quit yet.

Roads here pretty icy for a few days, and my driveway has had ice all make the beast with two backsing week long.
Last 2 sunny days haven't even melted the snow off my south facing deck.

I love winter, but, whoa.
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 06:11:39 AM »

Argh.

Nearly a foot of snow over the weekend.

The riding season is officially over.  Tongue

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 08:04:18 AM »

It can get funky here in north TX in the winter but there are also some great chilly/cool (not cold) rides to be had. Heck, I remember in 2008 we had a nice big group ride the first weekend in January. It was around 70+ degrees, breezy but sunny and warm. Great way to start the year! Of course around here it can be 70+ and sunny today and 30+ and sleeting tomorrow. Typical goofy Texas weather. As the saying goes in Texas: if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes.

I'd have serious trouble living in a place that actually went into deep freeze/hibernation for the winter. Even if I'm not out riding I still like being outside walking the pooch, going to my farm, etc. without freezing my ass off. Good luck to you all snow bound until spring! The worst part of my winter is the lack of bike racing. bang head Come on February 27th for that first WSBK race at Phillip Island!! waytogo [moto] drink bow down

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
redxblack

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 08:25:59 AM »

I gave up my last riding day on Saturday. Temps in the high 60s - local dealer had an "open house" with the local club hosting free food/non-alcoholic beverages. Instead of hooliganing on over and hanging out, I took my wife to Buffalo to watch the Sabres (her favorite team). She has no idea my sacrifice either, which is the real bummer.

Oh well. I got all my mods for this year done and will get to ride like a demon in the spring. I have to top up the tank and add some sta-bil, but the riding season is likely over now.
Doctor Woodrow
They took away my avatar so here are some chicks with guns, at least the mods can't take away my

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 10:53:33 AM »

Huh?  There's a riding season?   Cool

Yeah, i'm confused too. I thought riding season meant from when you learn to walk, until you can't, sometimes longer. Portland weather doesn't get me down, snow WITH ice is about all that stops me.

The Doc

2005 620 Dark "Zerafina", High mount Termi's, Cyclecat rearsets and clipons. Axio "Repsol" Hardpack backpack. Some of us put the 'Damn' in Crash Damnage.
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 10:10:23 PM »

I went for a 5 hour ride yesterday.

It was cloudy and a 15 mph breeze .

The temperature never got out of the 40s .

I had on 2 pairs of thermals under my leathers .....and was chilled to the bone !

That may have been my last ride of the season.

Next week the advanced forecast is for rain and temps when it's not raining only in the low 40s.

Cold pavement and BIG HP could lead to a BIG crash .

Dolph     Sad

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
redxblack

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »

I went out for an hour today. Temps in the mid 40s. I'm going to winterize tomorrow and wait for the spring. I didn't ride nearly enough this year - I'll make up for it in the spring.  waytogo
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2010, 06:30:19 AM »

Mid 40's reminds me it's time to get the 20W-50 out and the 10W-40 in.  Gotta find the winter liner for one of my jackets too.
redxblack

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 05:24:01 PM »

I went to fill the tank and 80 miles later bothered to get to the gas station. It was a nice ride for sure.

or for the dramatic,

That's the Cuyahoga River, btw. It's the one that had the flaming proclivities near Cleveland. There's some nice curvy roads around this meandering river.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:32:25 PM by redxblack » Logged
seevtsaab

05 M620

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 03:50:30 AM »

I'm holding out hope, not planning to quit yet.

Roads here pretty icy for a few days, and my driveway has had ice all make the beast with two backsing week long.
Last 2 sunny days haven't even melted the snow off my south facing deck.

I love winter, but, whoa.

Sunday 11/13 washed,  buttoned it up, WD-40 or Klasse AIO.

Man it was tough starting it up and riding it down to the lower garage, she wanted to go!
But, my road is trash, mini mud season this time of year.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: