Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:24:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In town (south beach) for a night (12/14), what to do?  (Read 3112 times)
darylbowden
Administrator

« on: December 13, 2010, 09:28:37 PM »

Not much more to say than the title.  Staying at the Grand Beach hotel on Collins (what a terribly non-descript name for a hotel) and looking for somewhere to go tomorrow night that is close and fun.  Preferably not some cheesy bar, just somewhere that will be fun for a few hours.  No rental car, so I'll be cabbing it wherever I end up.
Latinbalar

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 04:55:41 AM »

Dude its South Beach just walk up on street closer to the ocean and take a short walk. Plenty to do and a lot to look at.

Side note:  South Beach is a historical area. Those hotels have been there when the rest of Florida was a swamp. So that's the original name for the building and more than likely the original colors as well. Its called art deco.

I live vicariously thru myself......
duccarlos

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »

Ocean is a tourist trap. I prefer Lincoln. Now, if you're looking for a club, Washington has many, but dress to get into a club. There's something to do 24/7 in South Beach. Ocean is still a good place to watch the beautiful people.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 06:00:54 PM »

Dude its South Beach just walk up on street closer to the ocean and take a short walk. Plenty to do and a lot to look at.

Side note:  South Beach is a historical area. Those hotels have been there when the rest of Florida was a swamp. So that's the original name for the building and more than likely the original colors as well. Its called art deco.

This hotel is definitely not art deco, it looks pretty brand new to me (and yes I know most the hotes down here were built in that art deco period, but this ain't one of them).

Anyhow, gonna walk around for a bit, but it's make the beast with two backsing cold out there tonight, so we'll see how far I get...
duccarlos

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 06:13:12 PM »

yeah, I forgot to mention that it was going to be cold tonight. Lincoln Rd is still a good place to people watch without having to go down to the beach.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: