Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:35:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's it worth - feeler  (Read 2464 times)
Got Duc

« on: June 10, 2008, 06:58:46 PM »

So the Hypermotard is killing me. I think I need one. Catch is my beloved Duc must go to get it. Even though the Hyper is awesome I am still not totally ready to get rid of the Monster. I am going to Demo the Hyper two weeks.

This is what I have:

2005 Ducati S2R 800 Yellow
Quat D ex box, Rizoma Belt covers, Oberon bar end Led Signals, Led signals in the rear,Monstrak mirrors, Ohlins steering Dampner (not on bike), S4R Instrument panel, Comp/werks tailchop, Pit Bull stand. Two of a kind Duc foot Kickstand.

Extra Gas tank, Seat cowl and windscreen.

I have all the stock parts removed from the bike that would be included

So what do you think it would fetch?

Oh yeah the Duc Foot in case you haven't seen it.

Thanks

Got Duc

Why do roaches always die on their back?

That because the survivors flip them over to steal their sneakers and wallets.
eviltwin

eurotrash

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 07:51:17 PM »

That kickstand is sweet! Cheesy

Mileage would be helpful on the appraisal but also check kbb.com, edmunds.com and nada.com (one doesn't do bikes i think) and average their price ranges.  Don't count on the mods adding value unless the buyer values them.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 07:57:57 PM by eVilTWIN » Logged

We are 138
Got Duc

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 04:36:35 AM »

5300 miles about.

I am looking to sell as a "package" possibly so I do not have to part it out.

LYD

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 05:07:20 AM »

Not sure what to ask for the bike, but is it paid off??  If so why not keep it??  If not I understand why it would have to go.  I like the hyper, but to me it feels like you are sitting on it (like a dirt bike) not in it like a monster.  So test ride to ensure this is what you want.  It is an awesome bike!!  Do what makes you happy.

Oh and where did you get the duc foot??

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 05:15:42 AM »

GotDuc,
I would pay to buy the duckfoot kick stand (and find you an OEM) off you if you end up selling the bike.
-CDawg

But also, you really don't want to demo the motard.  I did at Rockwell when if was released and I almost sold the RS for it.  It is just too much fun for words and a hooligan machine...say away for the demo.....!
I love the 'tard!
 [moto]
factorPlayer

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 05:26:49 AM »

That's a sweet-looking monster but you aren't going to get enough for it to cover even half the cost of the HM.

I'll be (perhaps) the first to say I test rode a HM w/ termis and it was no big deal.  really wasn't that impressed and don't really dig that much wind in my face.  Wouldn't mind owning one in addition to a monster, but to replace it? - no way.

The monster is where it's at.  Hence the Ducati Monster list/forum/whathaveyou.  Sure we're inclusive to all Ducs, even all bikes, but make no mistake whenever I see someone selling their monster for an SBK or HM, whatever, I find myself saddened at their delusion.  Just my 2 cents.
XJBaylor

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 06:32:29 AM »

Assuming the mileage is below 10k I think you could get $6800 or so, or $6500 stock. Parting it will make you more money without a doubt, and I know someone that wants your exhaust!

Keith
2006 S2R 800 Black/Tang
Got Duc

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 07:32:45 AM »

exhaust and kickstand. would go fast I would imagine.

I am not totally sold on the HM but it draws me in.

I have a DRZ400 and love the riding position of it. (the only problem with the DRZ is it needs another gear for the highway)

The wind doesn't bother me really.

MotoCreations

Imagination + Engineering = Imagineering

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 08:33:40 AM »

The kickstand was handmade by myself.  It is the 2nd-of-3.  The 3rd one was recently sold by a customer for $400 when he sold his bike. (they seem to be increasing in value!)  Due to the larger base, suspension height and lean angle -- the bike needs to be fairly close to get full surface contact with the ground.

I made those as well as a dragon, RatFink (sold for $560 last year at auction) and some lucky # ones as well as a DML logo. I no longer make anymore due to the labor involved in creating - I mainly did them as they are "fun".  I will release a cast aluminum variation this Winter -- but they will be manufactured and not handmade anymore and are slightly different.

As for the Hyper -vs- Monster?  The Hyper's are fun and know quite a few people who have them.  I personally dislike the height and forward seating position.  Also I think in a few years, they will be a passing trend. (ie: SportClassic) The Monster 10 years from now will still be immortal.

Got Duc

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 11:22:53 AM »

Mark:

That is some loot for the Duc foot!

Thanks for the input.

Jim

Wonked

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 03:02:30 PM »

I thought about trading in my Monster for a Hyper, then checked my insurance rates. My 12 month policy with an '07 695 is under $400. That same coverage would cost over $2,500 with the Hyper. That's with Dairyland to boot - normally they are pretty cheap.

I don't like the Hyper that much.
ScottRNelson

Mr. Dual Sport Rider

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 03:10:05 PM »

I didn't read every word of all of the responses, but you'll almost always make more money converting the bike back to stock and selling all of the extra parts separately.  Any part the the potential buyer wouldn't add on later is worth approximately zero dollars to them.  Selling the parts independently usually lets you get top dollar for each item.

Are there any parts that you can use on the Hypermotard?

Scott R. Nelson, 2001 XR650L, 2020 KTM 790 Adv R, Meridian, ID
Got Duc

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 05:14:14 PM »

Not sure

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: