Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 12:29:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New member here in Charleston looking for anyone to ride with...  (Read 4153 times)
lowcountry

« on: January 10, 2011, 04:53:04 PM »

Hey guys, super tired of riding by myself.  My number is 843-607-3148.  I'm always up for riding (as long as it isn't raining or I'm at work).  Shoot me a text if you're looking for someone to ride with next time you go out.  Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.  I'm willing to ride up towards Columbia/Beaufort/Myrtle Beach/wherever to meet up and ride.  Let me know!
Chip
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 05:01:10 PM »

Sweet! I'm down in Beaufort. My bike is inop while I do some upgrades and maintenance, but once I get it all back together (and the weather warms up some. Freezing rain? WTF?) I'm all for getting together.

Oh, and welcome!  chug

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
lowcountry

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 06:16:42 PM »

awesome, what do you ride, and when will you be back in working order?
Buckethead

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 07:06:43 PM »

Bike's an '06 Sport 1000 with BoomTubes.

Hoping to have everything done and buttoned up by the end of February. It'll all depend on how far I really feel like tearing into the motor and wiring.

You're on a 696, yes?

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
lowcountry

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 07:26:14 PM »

Oh, that's a beautiful bike.  I'm looking forward to seeing that up close.  Yes, I have an '09 696 with a termi kit on it.  I probably should have gotten the 1100, but I didn't have the money at the time.  Did you have some sort of failure on your Duc, or are you just tinkering with it?
Buckethead

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 08:00:58 PM »

I don't have any first-hand experience with the newer-generation monsters, but if they're as fun and easy to ride as the older ones then I can't really see the 696 coming up short anywhere besides displacement. Hell, I think it's got more horsepower than my bike. The 1100 just gives you a bit more *grunt* and some shiny doodads.

Just tinkering.  Smiley Doing some upgrades I've been putting off for a while, and it's due for a valve adjustment and belt replacement. Superbike forks, 999 wheels, new clip-ons, heated grips, better brakes, etc, etc. I've been amassing parts for, like, a year and a half and I'm just now getting around to tearing into the thing.

BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 04:52:59 AM »

Nice bikes guys!

There are quite a few Duc riders in Charleston.  We are planning some riding dates in April/May in the mountains (Sapphire area) and track days.

If you guys are willing and able, let me know.

Will

M-ROCin' it!!!
Columbiamonster

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 05:39:23 PM »

Im in Columbia SC, and have family in monks corner, well have to get together for a ride.
Columbiamonster

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 05:40:59 PM »

Shoot me a text and we can plan a ride 803-201-0666
Jimmy6tring

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 04:20:36 PM »

Nice bikes guys!

There are quite a few Duc riders in Charleston.  We are planning some riding dates in April/May in the mountains (Sapphire area) and track days.

If you guys are willing and able, let me know.

Will

I just moved to Charleston from Columbia and am down to ride with anyone who wants: sunday am rides, track days, etc.; please keep me in the loop!

BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 12:45:32 AM »

Hey Jimmy and CMonser,

Unfortunately, my wife and I moved to Nashville, TN a month ago (for the twistiies)....I mean....work.

This is your "it" man for the Ducatisti in Chucktown:  http://www.facebook.com/patrick.willey

Hit 'em up and ride safe!

M-ROCin' it!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: