Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:56:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 265   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The DFWM say anything thread  (Read 409701 times)
pipeliner1978
« Reply #1545 on: November 24, 2008, 04:27:18 AM »

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that this board has gone bonkers? Nine out of ten threads are not even bike related. Just saying.... I guess I am just an old member who knows how it used to be. I swear, this used to be a Ducati motorcycle forum. No wonder we have lost so many good folks. Tongue Maybe I should go too. Again, just saying... would it be too much to ask to keep the board based on it's original intent/format? I belong to rc51.org and zrxoa.org and they would never put up with the shit that's on our board. Maybe my time has past. This board has radically changed over the last year and I don't know if it's really been a good change. Whatever... just my opinion. As if that means anything. Tongue Regardless, have a great Thanksgiving everyone. Adios.
well......I think the non-moto talk had a little bit to do with the loss of 2 members I never wanted to see quit posting.....  So that being said I will keep my chatter on here to only Moto, meetups, and, well.....my thread.
never2loud
« Reply #1546 on: November 24, 2008, 04:57:03 AM »

I think several people, including myself, have prioritized their DMF time because of the overwhelming number of topics and posts; I look at it as growing pains, in a way.

Ducatis are, without doubt, the coolest thing on two wheels (no bias here so move along people  cheeky  ) so it's not completely unpredictable to see our numbers of "new people" grow.  Very cool; everyone brings their own unique motorcycle and personal histories to tell that add to our community and shared experience base - both on and off road.

However, because of this growth, I've had to chose what posts I follow.  This is not to say I don't care about the topic or the person who authored the original post, it just means I've decided to not spend as much time here as I used to.  I'll scan the thread index page for moto-related stuff and see if it's something I can participate in.  If not, it's back to scanning thread titles for other moto stuff, then on with my day.

Is it disappointing more of the threads don't have to do with motorcycling?  Yeah, kind of, but I'm not going to let it get in the way of enjoying the friendships I've made here so far. 

All in all, community is about getting along, getting together when we can, and having a good time without exclusion.  I think we've done a damn fine job of it so far.  Plus, the "new people" tend to bring a certain enthusiasm for the Ducati brand that makes you remember just what it was that made you buy yours in the first place (Of course then the newbies get their first 6,000 mile service bill and become just as jaded as the rest!)

The HOR-ROR   bang head  laughingdp

So it's all good - enjoy yourselves.  And your bikes  Evil  But most of all, enjoy the day  chug

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:01:00 AM by Cher » Logged
pipeliner1978
« Reply #1547 on: November 24, 2008, 05:34:34 AM »

I think several people, including myself, have prioritized their DMF time because of the overwhelming number of topics and posts; I look at it as growing pains, in a way.

Ducatis are, without doubt, the coolest thing on two wheels (no bias here so move along people  cheeky  ) so it's not completely unpredictable to see our numbers of "new people" grow.  Very cool; everyone brings their own unique motorcycle and personal histories to tell that add to our community and shared experience base - both on and off road.

However, because of this growth, I've had to chose what posts I follow.  This is not to say I don't care about the topic or the person who authored the original post, it just means I've decided to not spend as much time here as I used to.  I'll scan the thread index page for moto-related stuff and see if it's something I can participate in.  If not, it's back to scanning thread titles for other moto stuff, then on with my day.

Is it disappointing more of the threads don't have to do with motorcycling?  Yeah, kind of, but I'm not going to let it get in the way of enjoying the friendships I've made here so far. 

All in all, community is about getting along, getting together when we can, and having a good time without exclusion.  I think we've done a damn fine job of it so far.  Plus, the "new people" tend to bring a certain enthusiasm for the Ducati brand that makes you remember just what it was that made you buy yours in the first place (Of course then the newbies get their first 6,000 mile service bill and become just as jaded as the rest!)

The HOR-ROR   bang head  laughingdp

So it's all good - enjoy yourselves.  And your bikes  Evil  But most of all, enjoy the day  chug

bacon bacon waytogo chug
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #1548 on: November 24, 2008, 05:36:11 AM »

i chopped my tail yesterday.  also i now have an arrow full system, and it sounds.....  nice.  pics to follow later today maybe.

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
pipeliner1978
« Reply #1549 on: November 24, 2008, 05:37:57 AM »

i chopped my tail yesterday.  also i now have an arrow full system, and it sounds.....  nice.  pics to follow later today maybe.
I love the the Arrows on the S4R, they are amazing, and best looking too bacon
Slag
« Reply #1550 on: November 24, 2008, 05:39:59 AM »

fastwin,

If this was a moto only local board, then I would stay on the main board.

What are the intentions of this board? This is just a section of a much larger board. BarneePfife response was spot on. I personally feel that social conversation is very relevent here, and I would most likely look for moto content on the General Monster Forum.

I have just spent the last few hours going through every page of the DFWM (not every page of every thread, just thread titles.) Most topics seem to be social, all the way back to the first day of the board. Moto content seems to come in spurts. I asked a few moto questions when I first come to this board. In response, a picture of a dude with a traffic cone in his ass was posted. I thought it was funny as hell, and posted the question in a tech forum where it belonged.

I have also checked out zxroa.org. You are comparing that entire board to a local board here. I did not see a local section there (did I miss it?) Apples to oranges my friend. You really need to venture to the main board more often.

I did not get on the rc51 board. I did not feel like registering just to view the forum. I agree that posts like these would not make it on the general monster board. That is why we were given this one. To keep our local bullshit contained.

I can tell that you have little interest in the main board. Only 7 posts in the General Monster Forum, compared to your 1533 posts here. Most of my content here is social, and I even have 13 posts on the general monster forum.

I'm sorry fastwin. I really like you, and I really enjoy riding with you. I just feel that posts like yours bring unnecessary drama.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:41:44 AM by Slag » Logged
Slag
« Reply #1551 on: November 24, 2008, 05:49:10 AM »

I just checked out some of the other local boards. Lots of socializing going on there...

The No Moto section has almost 70k posts. The General Monster Forum only has 37k. Looks like there are lots of social people on this forum.
I'm just sayin'  chug
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:52:56 AM by Slag » Logged
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #1552 on: November 24, 2008, 05:59:51 AM »

I just checked out some of the other local boards. Lots of socializing going on there...

The No Moto section has almost 70k posts. The General Monster Forum only has 37k. Looks like there are lots of social people on this forum.
I'm just sayin'  chug

i'm pickin' up what you're layin' down.

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
Slag
« Reply #1553 on: November 24, 2008, 07:45:13 AM »

Just to lighten the mood...
Slag
« Reply #1554 on: November 24, 2008, 07:45:28 AM »

caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #1555 on: November 24, 2008, 07:48:32 AM »

It is a bit chilly--may be three-sock weather....
Slag
« Reply #1556 on: November 24, 2008, 07:48:49 AM »

Slag
« Reply #1557 on: November 24, 2008, 07:49:57 AM »

It is a bit chilly--may be three-sock weather....

When the wind is not blowing, it can actually be warmer than jeans. Knees get pretty cold...
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #1558 on: November 24, 2008, 07:51:00 AM »

I thought you weren't 'sposed to mix stripes & plaids after Labor Day?!? Tongue

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Slag
« Reply #1559 on: November 24, 2008, 07:51:13 AM »

Speaking of wind...

Breaking wind in a kilt is epic. No enclosed space to muffle the report  Evil
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 265   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: