Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 07:14:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 265   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The DFWM say anything thread  (Read 403264 times)
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #2250 on: February 10, 2009, 07:23:49 PM »

I noticed Tommy had a nice pair of shoes for sale on another thread...

How about these?  Carbon fiber and everything.

I'm sure they're only slightly less expensive than a house.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 07:25:35 PM by Cher » Logged
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #2251 on: February 10, 2009, 07:26:31 PM »

So, anyone have any info/maintenance tips on shaft drive?

Pics of the said vehicle?

popcorn

Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #2252 on: February 10, 2009, 07:42:16 PM »

Pics of the said vehicle?

popcorn

Nope   Wink 
RED
carries my

'04 ST4s, '73 Triumph Bonneville 750 cafe

« Reply #2253 on: February 11, 2009, 06:54:36 AM »

I noticed Tommy had a nice pair of shoes for sale on another thread...

How about these?  Carbon fiber and everything.

I'm sure they're only slightly less expensive than a house.

Eh,  Roll Eyes carbon fiber is sooo last year and is not my color this year. I'm going to pass on these.

♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #2254 on: February 11, 2009, 09:48:50 AM »

does motopia still do bike washes for non members?  i have an s4r that got a wee bit dirty yesterday...

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
fastwin
« Reply #2255 on: February 11, 2009, 09:56:08 AM »

Not sure about Motopia and non-member services, bet Svoloch would know.

Here's an interesting concept. Hope it catches on! waytogo

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35556

bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #2256 on: February 11, 2009, 11:46:57 AM »

does motopia still do bike washes for non members?  i have an s4r that got a wee bit dirty yesterday...

Bring the S4R over to my place... you can use the car wash facilities  waytogo

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
Next: Öhlins TTX shock and Öhlins fork internals, track body work
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
RED
carries my

« Reply #2257 on: February 11, 2009, 02:31:46 PM »

I gotta say this cuz it's one of the most entertaining shows I've seen on the 'Superbikes' show yet. Did anyone see the lastest show called 'Oakland' ? Man, if you want to know what it's like to live and die in San Francisco give a look this week. And if you also want another insight into these west peeps take a look at the San Fran group on the DMF. There are some hard-core guys out there. One thing though, on the program they do 'rat out' an Aprillia. Interesting viewing.
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #2258 on: February 11, 2009, 03:01:34 PM »

Say Anything, right?  Well...

I'm driving home today and I pass a lone bicycle rider.  He's huffing along at a pretty good clip in "the bike lane" on a very narrow-tire bicycle, probably a racing bike of some kind.  But someone please answer me this:

Isn't there something out there besides spandex/euro-racing outfits people can buy for riding clothes?  Something like, I don't know, ANYTHING without spandex?!?!  Shocked

I know I shouldn't be so critical, but seriously, doesn't Columbia or L.L. Bean make a light weight alternative for bicycling that people like me wouldn't be embarrased to be seen in?  laughingdp

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 03:07:10 PM by Cher » Logged
Cyclone
DAS BOOT!

CHAT & SCAT !

« Reply #2259 on: February 11, 2009, 03:08:29 PM »

Isn't there something out there besides spandex/euro-racing outfits people can buy for riding clothes?  Something like, I don't know, ANYTHING without spandex?!?!  Shocked

This reminds me of the OLD Hollywood Squares When Paul Lynde was asked " Why do motorcycle riders wear leather ? "

and in his best gay lisp he answered " Well  ... because Chiffon wrinkles !!! "

applause  laughingdp  applause  laughingdp  applause  laughingdp  applause

'96 BMW R11 Gs - '72 Honda CT 90
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #2260 on: February 11, 2009, 03:14:16 PM »

laughingdp  Awesome.
fastwin
« Reply #2261 on: February 11, 2009, 03:33:46 PM »

Mountain bike shorts are different from road shorts. Some even look like regular, loose fitting cargo type shorts but they have a inner vented padded short inside that you can't see. Does that make sense? The jerseys are basically the same for road and off road. Some folks still wear road shorts on mountain bikes but some mountain bikers look down on them. Weird but true. I have never worn my mountain bike shorts while riding my road bikes but I am sure it's do-able. Why not?

I also believe that they make a padded, vented inner short that you wear under your regular everyday hiking type shorts. Kind of like a padded Under Armour compression short. Sort of the same set up as the above described mountain bike short but a seperate inner short not attached like the MB short.

Confussed now?
Ronr

« Reply #2262 on: February 11, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »

I like riding my mntn bike on sanctioned road rides and wearing my mountain bike shorts. I like to annoy them by riding in the ditches and in the grass by the roadside while they're huffing and puffing along on their road bikes.
a13bpilot

« Reply #2263 on: February 11, 2009, 08:08:32 PM »

I'm driving home today and I pass a lone bicycle rider.  He's huffing along at a pretty good clip in "the bike lane" on a very narrow-tire bicycle, probably a racing bike of some kind.  But someone please answer me this:

I know I shouldn't be so critical, but seriously, doesn't Columbia or L.L. Bean make a light weight alternative for bicycling that people like me wouldn't be embarrased to be seen in?  laughingdp

This is why my two wheels have a motor! A short fat dude in leathers is one thing, but a short fat dude in spandex. Thats just wrong! Grin

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.....but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

RED
carries my

« Reply #2264 on: February 11, 2009, 08:25:59 PM »

So, I suppose you're saying you could tell what religion he is and how old too huh? popcorn

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 265   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: