Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 11:47:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muenster Run, Sunday February 27th  (Read 20025 times)
calscrazy

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 05:34:52 PM »

My bike wont do 140 so i am out of the sound group.

home will always be between the red and rio!!!
2007 m695 errr recently passed away
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »

My bike wont do 140 so i am out of the sound group.

Top speed really isn't important, just full-throttle sound.  I'd like to get sound clips of differrent bikes running different exhausts. 
Jester

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »

Top speed really isn't important, just full-throttle sound.  I'd like to get sound clips of differrent bikes running different exhausts. 

My bike's sweet spot for exhaust note is 6k.  The rest isn't quite as deep and rumbly as that particular rev area.

09’ 848     07’ S2R800
LYD

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 10:05:01 PM »

Well if you want the ultimate sound, I will have to be there with BLQ!!  So count me in, I will talk to mindy and if she wants to come then there will be two of us.

Here is a sneak peek!!

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 07:46:21 AM »

Ha-ha!  THAT'S what I'm talkin' about  waytogo  And for sure bring Mindy - this will be a fun ride and a fun group of folks - lots of new faces.

As far as the sound clip thing goes, several of us made this run about a year ago.  There is a nice long stretch of wide open road (I won't get into too many details on this  Police but most people here know where I'm talking about) that we had stopped at to enjoy the scenery.  One of the people in our group used the opportunity to do a top-speed fly-by...  

Let's just say that by the time he passed our location, the sound was... impressive.

SO, the idea would be to record as many bikes and exhaust note combinations as possible within our group at this single location (hopefully we could get at least 6 or 7 different bikes to start off with).  Then you could put them all - with an individual link and notation for each like, "2008 Monster 695, D&D exhaust" - in a single thread "sticky'd" to the DFWM forum... "Sounds of DFW Ducatis" or somesuch nonsense.

Might actually be useful for anyone who has ever wondered what different brand exhausts sound like on a Monster; a stock set-up vs. Termis, or Arrow, or D&D, or de-baffled stock, etc.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:49:30 AM by Cher » Logged
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 06:08:26 PM »

So I ran the Muenster route today and I'm sorry to say there are fairly large sections of 455 going into Forestburg and 373 into Muenster that are total crap.  Looks like the snow/ice storms and a bazillion oil field support trucks have taken their toll.  While none of the ride route is impassable, potholes and ruts in all the wrong places are buzzkill.

Should we postpone this ride until later in the year, or come up with another route, or just ride to Muenster and deal with it?

popcorn
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »

Damn! Not again. bang head I thought we were on a roll and they were finished with the road work. I did that ride around Thanksgiving and 455 into Forestburg was patched (although a real shitty patch job) and not nearly as bad as earlier in the year. Meaning at least it wasn't under "patch" construction and narrowed down to one lane due to work crews.

And 373 into Muenster was 99% fine. What happened to 373?? Damn oil field/natural gas boom! Angry I thought the Barnett Shale work was trailing off big time. Guess not. And I'm sure the icy roads didn't help much either. Tongue Guess we all need Supermotos now! waytogo [moto]

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
muskrat

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

922 from Tioga to 372 North into Gainsville is a great road as an alternative.  Then 16 miles to Muenster on hwy 82.  Then back through St. Jo after the Muenster loop onto 677 South and East on 1630 until we pass the construction and hit a road south to pick up 455 again.  Or take 677 South onto 922 back to I35 and some can split home or finish off on 455 to Dallas North Tollway. 

Thoughts?

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 07:49:56 AM »

Here was my original route idea (roughly 200 miles):

In thinking about this some more, let's plan on the 27th as a ride somewhere   laughingdp   I like Muscrat's suggestion so I think if we just count on being out all day - starting around 9 or 10 and being back in town by 4 or so - we'll be in good shape.  

The important thing is RIDE!  Sunday, February 27th... BE THERE!!!  Evil
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 07:51:41 AM by Cher » Logged
system error

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 07:59:19 AM »

Can't wait to break in the new tires on this ride.  [moto] waytogo

'13 Multistrada 1200
Fiat 500

My God, it's full of stars!
muskrat

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 08:25:08 AM »

plan on heading out via Tioga or Westward?

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
fastwin

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 10:45:13 AM »

Me likey this too. If you do Saturday you have both Doc's and Rohmer's as dining options. waytogo Rohmer's being closed on Sundays. But hey, what's wrong with Doc's? chug Just wish the new owners hadn't trimmed some of my favorites from the menu. Angry

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 11:06:07 AM »

Munster Run?

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
fastwin

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 11:12:02 AM »

Love those George Barris custom cars. waytogo

Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 02:52:48 PM »

plan on heading out via Tioga or Westward?

Man, I don't know.... I'm not really familiar with that part of the ride.  I always start these Muenster group rides from Grapevine Millls so I'm open to suggestions  [moto]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: