Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 01, 2024, 03:20:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bar end mirrors, CRG vs Rizoma  (Read 20734 times)
sisca77

« on: February 01, 2011, 12:47:07 AM »

Any thoughts, inputs, reviews or opinions? I am mostly interested in Rizoma Retro style. I also like to have a better vision with no vibration compare to the stock ones. Thank you. [moto]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:55:08 AM by sisca77 » Logged
lila696

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 03:02:28 AM »

Any thoughts, inputs, reviews or opinions? I am mostly interested in Rizoma Retro style. I also like to have a better vision with no vibration compare to the stock ones. Thank you. [moto]

Hey Fran,
Just purchased the Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors from Monster Parts and my Husband has fitted them to my bike.
I am away for Work and can give you some feed back once i get home Sunday.
Have seen pics of them on my bike and they look fantastic but look really small.
Not sure it was a wise choice as i think visibility will be a issue.
Anyway let you know once i try them out
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:04:55 AM by lila696 » Logged

Dee
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:34:49 AM »

They are convex glass mirror, which makes them work better than the size indicates.
Most importantly they are wide.

I always talk about this: CRG are very well made, but I think it's a bad idea to mount mirrors that far away from
where your view of the road ahead is. YMMV.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
sbrguy

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 07:42:02 AM »

all bar end mirrors in order to use you will for an instant have to look to the side, the view is good of the side and the rear of the bike when you use the crg LS mirrors.  the only catch is 2 things.

1, you have to get used to the convex mirror, it takes a few days but you get a sense of how far things are in the mirror.  Things are closer than they appear are definitely true for these mirrors, what looks like 20 feet is really like 5-8 ft, etc.   but the view is great, you can literally see directly behind you when they are adjusted right and such.

2, you do have to take your eyes off from ahead for an instant to see anythin gin the mirrors, even with them adjusted right they really aren't in your peripheral vision.

i considered the rizoma mirros too when considering crg LS mirros, went with crg since they are more common to get parts for and the rizoma were more expensive for basically the same thing.
sisca77

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 08:11:20 AM »

Dee...I'll wait for your review. Thanks.

Sbrguy...thank you for your inputs.

Stopintime...I kinda agree with you there, that's why I like the Rizoma a bit better cause' they seem like not that far away...
Radar

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 08:33:28 AM »

I bought the CRGs, and I have to agree that the view and "coverage" are excellent. I'm sorry I can't comment on the Rizomas...

My only complaint is that I have to momentarily take my eyes off the road to check my mirrors.

I've only used them for a hundred or so miles, so I imagine I'll get used to them such that it will take less time to "find" the mirrors.

These are my first bar-end mirrors, so it seems a bit unnatural to actually have to turn my head to check mirrors...

Thought I'd share my experience,

Eric M.

S4R and stuff-
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 09:15:23 AM »

i currently have a set of rizoma reverse retro clones on my bike right now:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A4026&rt=nc&_nkw=motrax+mini+reversible&_dmpt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

if you want to try them out cheap, check out that link... with shipping it comes out to around 80ish... but they took like 3-4 weeks to get to me.  that wait time was stated in their listing, but it was def annoying.

the metal work is solid, no flaws i can see, the only issue that i have with mine is that the glass is slightly warped on the one of the mirrors... nothing major, but slightly annoying.

they fit right into the handlebars on a 796 so there were no fitment issues.

if also know that triumph sells another clone of the reverse retros for about 120 usd... but they have the triumph logo laser etched into them so i dont know if you would want to try them...

and yes, it is annoying to have to move your head to check your mirrors... but for me, that's outweighed by being able to clearly see behind yourself and not just have everything obscured by your elbows all the time :\
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:17:04 AM by thought » Logged

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Veloce-Fino
Wiggle-Jiggle

Bike sold - But I'm still lurking.

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 01:33:23 PM »

I always preferred the CRG. I have the Hindsight Lane splitters and they are a solid product.

I can safely say that the CRG will hold the entire weight of a 696 and not break.  Embarrassed

Being Convex you can see More of what is behind you, a wider field of view which I think is excellent

However being convex causes image distance distortion. Once you understand what distances look like in the mirrors they are perfect.

Pic is related:

I have a "from the saddle" view if you would like as well.

Is this thing on?
samieb

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 01:04:19 AM »

Hi,

In the picture below, I see you've moved to clip-ons.  Do you have Rizoma Bar Ends and grips?  I'm looking at the CRG LS too, just trying to see a neat way of mounting them..
sisca77

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 03:42:16 AM »

Yes.....more pictures are appreciated. Thank you all for the wonderful, informative and helpful inputs.

Thought....greatly appreciate you posting the link. I'll check into it more.

[moto] [moto] [moto]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 05:06:37 AM by sisca77 » Logged
sisca77

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 03:47:20 AM »

I can safely say that the CRG will hold the entire weight of a 696 and not break.  Embarrassed

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked...impressive!!!

Veloce-Fino
Wiggle-Jiggle

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 12:36:40 PM »

Hi,

In the picture below, I see you've moved to clip-ons.  Do you have Rizoma Bar Ends and grips?  I'm looking at the CRG LS too, just trying to see a neat way of mounting them..

I have the Rizoma Sportline grips and Rhinomoto "crg" barends. Motowheels has the barends.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked...impressive!!!

It was certainly impressive, though not something I was in a rush to find out. haha..  Roll Eyes

From the saddle, Sorry the photo is so damn dark.

Is this thing on?
Nads

2009 M1100

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 04:29:26 PM »

Sorry to digress but I was planing on moving to clip-ons also, you're whole setup is what i was envisaging for my bike looks really clean drool, which clip-ons are they and where from? Are you happy with the position, I see they are raised mount?

Dodgy looking seat ornament (me)/ Termis/ CF open clutch cover
Veloce-Fino
Wiggle-Jiggle

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 09:10:10 PM »

Sorry to digress but I was planing on moving to clip-ons also, you're whole setup is what i was envisaging for my bike looks really clean drool, which clip-ons are they and where from? Are you happy with the position, I see they are raised mount?

As not to thread jack too much:

This thread has all of my clipon adventures covered in detail. You should be able to find the answer to most of your questions here.
http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=39550.0

There are a ton of other clipon threads by ung, Raux, and others. I sort of summarize them all and show my installation.

Hope it helps.

Is this thing on?
Nads

2009 M1100

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 09:33:05 PM »

Thank you so much.
You're too kind.
Got to love the DMF, I hope to be able to return the love by contribution back into the forum in time.
Cheers

Dodgy looking seat ornament (me)/ Termis/ CF open clutch cover
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: