Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 06:34:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good News... Bad News  (Read 2211 times)
crat996

« on: February 10, 2011, 08:01:51 PM »

Hello all. I'm not sure if I told anybody before, but I had an assignment to Italy back in Aug. My wife and I are getting a divorce and there were some other issues I was dealing with and I was told I wasn't going to Italy anymore. Well, I heard today that my assignment is back on! So, I will probably be leaving here at the end of May to head over to Italy for at least 2yrs. I will be stationed at a little base right in the middle of Milan and Venice. I know, it sounds like a crappy place to live.  Wink I was stationed there before back in '01-'03 and I absolutely loved it there.

I really like living in Abq and I don't really want to leave but I really wanna go back one more time and see more stuff that I didnt get to see before I retire (5.5yrs). Oh, and I will definately go see some GP and SBK races too. I hope maybe that I can come back here after my tour over there.

So, while I am there, if anybody gets a wild hair and wants to come out there to visit, you all are more than welcome to stay with me or i can make arangements. I might be able to have access to parts possibly too.

'99 Ducati 996S #048-Gone but not forgotten
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
Duck-Stew

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 08:35:10 PM »

Crat...  Stay safe, stay sane, roll with the punches...  & dammit, we need to go kill some miles together before you ship out! 

Try not to let all the crapiness of living in Italy get to you, ok?!?  ;-)

--Stu

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 08:40:50 PM »

Sorry to hear about your break up but envy your stay in Italy. I'll let you know when we make it back to Europe...possibly around spring...and maybe we can hook up.
Stay in touch
crat996

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 08:56:47 PM »

Hey Stu. We definately need to get out and ride. I have my daughter this weekend so no riding for me.

My Duc is still a work in progress after the tip-over. I got the tail and both uppers painted. I still need to do something about the mirrors. I want some block offs but the only ones I can find are about $60. I found a place in the UK that has the carbon lower, but it's $515 shipped. It's in one piece instead of 2. Mine now is in 2 pieces. I would have to modify the one piece lower so I would be able to take off the left and right sides independently. Other than that, all I need is a windscreen, maybe a right side grip and possibly the throttle tube and a blinker.

'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
Duck-Stew

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »

Y' ain't leavin' next week...  Wink

crat996

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 09:25:50 PM »

I know. I still have a few track days to do and LOTS of riding.  [moto]

'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 09:39:43 AM »

I'm sad to see you go, Craig, but I'm happy you got the assignment you've been hoping for.  Good on ya, Mate!!   waytogo

I guess the problem is you won't be able to take the truck or motorcycles over there, huh?  Well....I guess you can sell the Dodge somewhere.  That just leaves the bikes.  Hum....what to do......

I guess now would be a prefect time to introduce Desert Desmo's brand new low-cost baby sitting service for motorcycles!  We'll see that they're ridden (gently, of course) at least weekly, and that the batteries stay charged so that they're ready to go when you get back.  All for the low, low price of....are you ready?.....$10 per bike per month!   Shocked  That's right!  For only $10 per month (plus the cost of tires, of course) we'll undertake the Hurculanean task of keeping your bikes ready to ride so that when you come back to visit they're in tip-top condition!!!!  Find a better deal anywhere and we'll match the price.   Grin

Oh....any of you hooligans want to chip in to help "babysit" Craig's GSX-R trackbike with us?   [moto] Evil

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Duck-Stew

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 10:28:32 AM »

^^^:  waytogo  Man what a dirt-cheap rate!

crat996

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 07:38:38 PM »

I guess the problem is you won't be able to take the truck or motorcycles over there, huh?  Well....I guess you can sell the Dodge somewhere.  That just leaves the bikes.  Hum....what to do......

I guess now would be a prefect time to introduce Desert Desmo's brand new low-cost baby sitting service for motorcycles!  We'll see that they're ridden (gently, of course) at least weekly, and that the batteries stay charged so that they're ready to go when you get back.  All for the low, low price of....are you ready?.....$10 per bike per month!   Shocked  That's right!  For only $10 per month (plus the cost of tires, of course) we'll undertake the Hurculanean task of keeping your bikes ready to ride so that when you come back to visit they're in tip-top condition!!!!  Find a better deal anywhere and we'll match the price.   Grin

Oh....any of you hooligans want to chip in to help "babysit" Craig's GSX-R trackbike with us?   [moto] Evil

Hey Scott. First off, my truck is a Chevy not Dodge. And I can't decide whether or not to take it. I spoke with a friend that is over there right now and he said gas is about $3.90/gal and we can only purchase 400 liters in a month so a little over 100G. That is 4 tanks of gas in my truck. Not a whole lot to work with there. I definately wouldnt be driving everyday at $4/gal. I will be taking at least the Triumph and for sure the 996. I have to take her back to the motherland. I called and there isnt a limit on the number of bikes I take but I can only register 3 vehicles total. I am seriously considering leaving my truck in Phx at my brother's house. It would be paid off in a few years and not have many miles on it when I get back.

As far as the GSXR goes.... I don't know what to do with it. I really like that bike and don't want to sell it. I got a great deal on it for what it is and has in it. I might take you up on the rental bike space.  waytogo

'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 12:20:14 PM »

Hey Scott. First off, my truck is a Chevy not Dodge. And I can't decide whether or not to take it. I spoke with a friend that is over there right now and he said gas is about $3.90/gal and we can only purchase 400 liters in a month so a little over 100G. That is 4 tanks of gas in my truck. Not a whole lot to work with there. I definately wouldnt be driving everyday at $4/gal. I will be taking at least the Triumph and for sure the 996. I have to take her back to the motherland. I called and there isnt a limit on the number of bikes I take but I can only register 3 vehicles total. I am seriously considering leaving my truck in Phx at my brother's house. It would be paid off in a few years and not have many miles on it when I get back.

As far as the GSXR goes.... I don't know what to do with it. I really like that bike and don't want to sell it. I got a great deal on it for what it is and has in it. I might take you up on the rental bike space.  waytogo

Hold on...on the GSXR, did you forget me!?! Doesn't the GSXR need a track life...what better place than under me...I promise I'll keep it to track speed limits! Smiley he he...Wish I could have made an offer on it...but it has to wait till next Xmas...No worries one way or the other...I can keep it, Scott can keep it, I can so to speak trade with a keep-ride-give back free offer...Whew, lets see...anything for that screamXR! Smiley Name it pal! waytogo

Ride forever...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: