Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 12:27:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Toronto Duc owner  (Read 5367 times)
mjocanada

« on: February 13, 2011, 05:47:01 AM »

Just wanted to drop in and say hi to all fellow Duc owners in the Toronto / GTA / Ontario area.  Grin

I recently picked up a 2010 Monster 1100S and am dying for this winter to end so I can start riding again.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone, are there any regular rides/meets planned for the riding season?

Mike
Ontario_Monster

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:43:35 AM »

Welcome, hmmmmm new 1100s.  Lets see winter over that is about ..... 3 months away before the bike comes out of hiding.

drink

Ducati ..... Ducati ..... Ducati ..... It just makes me smile!

Harley drivers in short/t-shirts/and salad bowls .... make me laugh.
donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 09:41:04 AM »

Three months away?  I saw a couple of bikes out today downtown what, with the balmy 10 degree weather we're having.  I'm hoping another 6 weeks and we're done with winter. 

hey mjo, there's usually a ducati/monster group ride set up in july.  me and africaboy still have yet to get together other than on the thursday bike night at leslie and lakeshore, but me and acto hit it up pretty good.  i'll post up when the thaw is done.

I met this girl named Virginia.  She said "nice bike, you can call me Virgin for short, but not for long"

'07 S2R 800 Gloss Black - Cookie1 Tailchop - Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors - Rizoma Barends - Speedymoto Framesliders - Stebel Nautilus Horn - 14T Sprocket - Full ZARDS exhaust - Open Airbox - K&N Filter - Monza Belly Pan - Nichols flywheel - bitubo rearshock - resprung S2R1000 forks
mjocanada

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 03:41:27 AM »

hey Ontario_monster and donzo - I'm also hoping for a quick end to this winter. I'm up for get together with fellow duc owners, a buddy picked up a 848 last summer so you can add 2 to the list. I've seen ducs at the Tim's parking lot at Leslie and Lakeshore Thursday nights.
Ontario_Monster

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 05:56:57 AM »

Quick end to winter, I'd like that as well but looks like we aren't getting any real riding weather for a bit, and I ride in just about any weather.  I use my bike to commute every day and have come to the realization that if the temp is 7C in the morning, when on the bike it is below 0 with the windchill.    Ahhh well better than driving the car or taking the GO or subway. 

Lets see it is March 16th now, I'm hoping that regular rides can start early May, my commute is going to grow from 18K to 60K each way starting the end of April so I want nice weather for that ride, hate riding wet.  Let me know when the meets start I'll find my way back into town as much as possible.

Cheers

Mike

mjocanada

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 03:43:34 AM »

Hi Mike - I pulled the monster out of storage last night and took her out for a short ride. What an awesome bike, I'm so happy with my purchase. There was a thought looming at the back of my mind whether I made the right decision for the monster, especially buying it without having a chance to test ride one. The weather report looks good today so I'm going to take her into work.

Looking forward to meeting up with fellow monster/duc owners this year.

From a fellow "Mike"
donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 08:22:51 AM »

NIIIIICE!!!

I'm definitely firing her up tonight and gonna give her some love. 

Wash, rinse, rev, ride.

I met this girl named Virginia.  She said "nice bike, you can call me Virgin for short, but not for long"

'07 S2R 800 Gloss Black - Cookie1 Tailchop - Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors - Rizoma Barends - Speedymoto Framesliders - Stebel Nautilus Horn - 14T Sprocket - Full ZARDS exhaust - Open Airbox - K&N Filter - Monza Belly Pan - Nichols flywheel - bitubo rearshock - resprung S2R1000 forks
Ontario_Monster

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 09:49:51 AM »

No love here the battery is completely dead I need to get a new one .... little bro won't let me steal the battery from his aprilia.  Watch out for the sand and be safe!

Cheers chug

mjocanada

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 05:46:16 PM »

Had the bike out Wed night, all day Thurs and Fri, part of Sat but too cold today so I installed my first mod (well, technically second after the termi system)

Evotech Performance Tail Tidy kit

Took about 30 mins to install, kit is well made and I used the install guide posted in the How-To section, no problems.
tristantumble

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 10:38:17 AM »

looks great, i guess on the newer monsters a 'tail chop' doesn't mean you have to cut into the frame like on mine. Still haven't had the nerve to do it.

07.695 (sold)
07. sport 1000 biposto
mjocanada

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 03:03:45 AM »

From my research, the newer monsters have a tail that is removeable by undoing a few bolts whereas the older models you actually have to cut off part of the rear frame to shorten up the tail. Its kind of 50/50 cause its cheaper by just cutting off the frame and relocating the plate and signals but you can never put it back to stock (if necessary), but it costs more for the undertail kits for the newer models. I looked into the Competition Werks, Rizoma, R&G and Evotech kits, it seems like the Evotech had the best results in terms of customer satisfaction, quality and ease of installation. Kit worked out to be about $135 with the exchange and delivery from England but I got dinged with Canada Customs for another $20 in taxes/duties.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: