Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 09:46:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Valentines day with Rob S + Photos  (Read 5465 times)
DUCMONROB
Geez its getting hot holding my

Nothing like the sound of a Ducati!

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 01:16:53 AM »

Your daughter most definitely has her mums looks! waytogo

M1000SDS, ZZR1200, GPZ900R.
Gone:
900 Monster Special
S2R1000
998 Matrix
Needle99

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 03:09:58 AM »

Hi Two Dogs,

Interested in how you have gone over the slightly longer term with the desmo times basket and plates?

Has it stayed a little less rattly or, has it worn in first 2000 odd km and become just as rattly as the original OEM gear?

I have a 2004 S4R and the clutch is a "lot" noisier than my brothers 2009 M1100, but the friction point is also right out which may have something to do with the Ducabike slave upgrade the bike has....or just simply wear, really need to pull the clutch out and measure the stack height.....

cheers
Craig...

2004 S4R, Full Termi Kit, marving midpipe, DP Clutch pressure plate, Rizoma Open Clutch Cover,  Ducabike Slave Cyl and some tasteful carbon blingy goodness
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 01:35:17 PM »

Hi Needle
I have put 22,000 K on this stack . waytogo
I have not measured it lately but it still has plenty of height left and the friction zone is still really wide.
It has rattle but not as much as before.
I pull the stack out regularly clean it with brake disk/clutch plate spray cleaner and rough up and glazed friction plates.
Really easy to remove the plates 5 min job , I made a simple tool a piece of steel wire bent into a U shape with 2mm right angle
inward facing hooks too grab the plates .

Have a go , pull your stack out and inspect , clean and re stack swapping friction plates if some are worn more than others
If you have a spare steel plate throw one in it will increase your stack height and give you a longer friction zone.
I always keep a few in the shed.
The Barnnett is way cheaper but can give friction zone groan on take off if left dusty or glazed.
The pro cutter basket compared to the OEM which was flogged to death with 1-2mm divots has held up really well.
A steel basket would probably last for the life of the bike but I recon would be louder.

Gowanlocks don't sell Surflex plates anymore they sell their own manufactured plates less than Surflex but more than Barrnett
but you can purchase just the friction plates and re use your old steel plates.

Dez
Needle99

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 07:40:52 PM »

Thanks Dez,
Will have a closer look at the stack/basket on the weekend...

If it is worn like I think it is, will need a new set of plates as a minimum.
Wish I had a couple of old plates to play with stack thickness. Possible when the bigger slave was installed it moved the friction point further out, and just needs an extra plate. As it is the original clutch I do not have any extra plates to try with....Also the quiet mod would be interesting....

If the basket is shagged, I will need to decide if I should contemplate a slipper. The DP slippers seem to be very cheap these days, but I have no idea on how quiet they are relative to the Desmotimes baskets or any others.....But would be a bit of fun...
cheers
Craig...

2004 S4R, Full Termi Kit, marving midpipe, DP Clutch pressure plate, Rizoma Open Clutch Cover,  Ducabike Slave Cyl and some tasteful carbon blingy goodness
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: