Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:14:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MotoGP: Qatar Test (SPOILERS)  (Read 4395 times)
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 12:44:16 PM »

So by far Casey and Whoreghey have posted the best lap times. The flying laps are more for preparing for qualifying.

exactly.....and race pace maintained overall isn't being measured either...so one of the guys who maybe is puttering as far as times, who is laying down what they are doing consistantly is likely to be potentially further up the pecking order maybe...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
pennyrobber

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 12:56:55 PM »

My prediction is that either Casey or You'regay will crash during the first race. You heard it here first. (unless someone else already said it)

Men face reality and women don't. That's why men need to drink. -George Christopher
gm2

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 02:04:54 PM »

final (published, best) times: casey, dani, ben.  rdp ahead of george.  =)

http://motomatters.com/results/2011/03/14/2011_motogp_qatar_day_2_test_times_final.html

Like this is the racing, no?
pennyrobber

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 02:24:43 PM »

Maybe Rossi is pulling the greatest mind-F of his career by sand bagging until the race where he'll win it by several seconds.  Undecided

Men face reality and women don't. That's why men need to drink. -George Christopher
gm2

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 03:14:43 PM »

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/167413/1/rossi_explains_13th_place_at_tough_final_test.html

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 02:12:20 AM »

Maybe Rossi is pulling the greatest mind-F of his career by sand bagging until the race where he'll win it by several seconds.  Undecided

Maybe.  But as good as he is at playing mind games on folks, he is still in the recovery process of shoulder injury/sugery.  Couple that with the fact that the Desmo is known to require a lot of rider input to load up the front end and get it to respond well into the turns (which requires a decent amount of upper body strength), it wouldn't be too surprising if this will be a learning (first half of a) season for him.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
swampduc

'99 996, '07 S2R1000,'08 1098s, '12 1199s

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 12:34:26 PM »

wow. The comments, particularly the negative ones, after that article are completely irrational. No consideration of how development time and tire changes affect the bike. I don't worship rossi, but give the man half a season at least.

Respeta mi autoridad!
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 12:59:12 PM »

Lots of trolls under the bridge at Crash!.....

wow. The comments, particularly the negative ones, after that article are completely irrational. No consideration of how development time and tire changes affect the bike. I don't worship rossi, but give the man half a season at least.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
gm2

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 01:32:51 PM »

it's less fun to be rational.  or to remember that he's got a still-healing shoulder, or that the last time he rode a non-japanese bike was 1999, etc..

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 09:08:06 PM »

This pic struck me as totally descriptive of the Ducati pre-season:

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
gm2

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 10:10:14 AM »

could be a new thread, but whatever.  great article.

http://plus.autosport.com/free/feature/3351/why-motogp-2011-will-be-an-epic/

this as well:  http://motomatters.com/report/2011/03/16/2011_motogp_season_preview_the_factory_r.html
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:13:55 AM by gm2 » Logged

Drjones

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 10:23:50 AM »

Considering the way things are in Japan I'd say the season will be interesting rather than epic since moto racing isn't exactly high on the pecking order right now.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/nakamoto+interview

From HRC

" . . . Another problem is related to our suppliers. Many of them cannot work at the moment, and this is a potential problem for the racing activities in the coming weeks. So far we have all spare parts we need for Qatar and Jerez races, but after that, if the situation does not change, we will have to manage this carefully. . . ."

"Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else tomorrow."

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: