Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 09:27:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck  (Read 1976 times)
crat996

« on: February 16, 2011, 06:34:12 PM »

Well, after my fiasco yesterday with my Speed Triple, I decided to put my freshly painted fairings and tail on my 996 and ride it today since I didn't want to get stranded on the S3 again. Everything was fine this morning and I was leaving work today heading off base on Wyoming. The traffic leaving base was heavy as usual at 4pm. I was behing a Miata and traffic was moving. 15-20mph or so. We were headed toward a stop light. It turned yellow and he sped up and decided to slam on the brakes in front of me. I was slowing down behind him thinking he was gonna go thru the light until he slammed on the brakes so I squeezed a little harder to stop and the front wheel locked up on me and I tucked the front fell on my left side and slid on my back up next to him as my bike slid into his bumper.

Needless to say, the bike is FU$&ED!! Here are some great pics of my POS now.....

The bottom left corner of his bumper is where I made contact with him. Now he get s paint job courtesy of me.

'99 Ducati 996S #048-Gone but not forgotten
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
Duck-Stew

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 06:37:44 PM »

make the beast with two backs!  Damn, shit, crap and make the beast with two backs!!!

Glad you're ok Craig, first and foremost!  But man does that blow...

If you'll be going through insurance and want/need an estimate, Desert Desmo can help with that...  We'll do it for free just to help out a little.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:49:59 PM by Duck-Stew » Logged

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 07:28:48 PM »

make the beast with two backs!  Damn, shit, crap and make the beast with two backs!!!

Yeah, what he said.

Glad you're OK!

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
crat996

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »

Thanks Stu. I'm fine for the most part.
My hip is freaking killing me tho. Gonna the old ins. co in a little bit and see what they say....

'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 08:18:22 PM »

Cry Dude, what the hell! I'm really sorry, I thought this bike was tucked in the garage somewhere after the wind blew it! Maybe you ought to throw it in with mine in Desert Desmo stable for a dual resurrection...Take care of the hip and I hope you didn't crack a bone or pull a tendon...Keep us posted...Man, I worry about you! That Miata looks like  POS, was it intentional? I had a similar one on the 999 years back...I saw the bike topple few times...It could have been worse...The bike always comes out better another day..so just worry about you for now!  bang head

Ride forever...
crat996

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »

Maybe you ought to throw it in with mine in Desert Desmo stable for a dual resurrection...

Where's the garage at? I'm off tomorrow and could bring it by?

'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 08:31:58 PM »

Where's the garage at? I'm off tomorrow and could bring it by?
Well, Stu or Scott would PM you. I'm not sure if your place is fixed yet Stu? Mine's at Scott's.

Ride forever...
Duck-Stew

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 08:32:43 PM »

We're working currently out of Scotts garage but mine is nearly clean enough to put a bike in.  Scotts in NW Heights & I'm @ Washington & Lomas...  Either one would work.  PM or call either of us tomorrow & we'll make arraingements.

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:14:23 AM »

You know where my joint is, Craig, so feel free to holler at me any time and I'll meet you over there if that's what you wanna do.  I'm always happy to see you, but Man....this sucks.  I really feel for ya....and what a POS that Miata is.  That might be a candidate for Stu's $500 beater race scheme.

What are your plans for el 996?  Wanna try to have it fixed before you deploy to Italy?

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: