Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:50:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newb w/ Questions.  (Read 3707 times)
El Matador
Do I need knee pucks for my

'06 S2R1K, '07 695 - Sold, '99 996 - Sold, '04 Hurricane Project

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 12:34:37 PM »

I've put over 10K miles on my 695 in just over 9 months. It has been such a blast, and I have had absolutely no problems with the bike whatsoever. Well maybe only the fact that I can't seem to find enough time to ride it.

One of the things that I really like about my bike, apart from the fact that it is completely awesome, is that is is very economical on tyres. I "just" replaced my rear for the first time. That means I got a good 10 thousand miles out of a bridgestone bt051. Thats pretty damn good. And you can ask the people who have ridden with me, I am most definitely not a take it easy rider. I flog my bike pretty good.

The only problem I have found with my bike so far, is the fact that I can't seem to leave it alone, and I'm always dumping money into it for mods  Grin

El Matador

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 12:35:42 PM »

Any other questions?   Grin Grin Grin Grin

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 01:17:43 PM »

That means I got a good 10 thousand miles out of a bridgestone bt051. Thats pretty damn good. And you can ask the people who have ridden with me, I am most definitely not a take it easy rider. I flog my bike pretty good.

Nice! waytogo  I got 10K miles out of my stock tires, including 3 trackdays worth, and had plenty of tread left.  I just replaced them cause they were squaring off from all the freeway commuting.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
duc996

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 02:12:51 AM »

Nice...10k on the tires eh...that's good mileage. waytogo

"All we ask is to be let alone"
       "Monster S4r"
       "KTM SMC 690"
BomberHead
PostApocalypticCore

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 07:23:09 AM »

well. im off to GP cycles here in San Diego. with any luck i will be riding a monster home. thanks for then advice guys.
El Matador

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 07:48:41 AM »

well. im off to GP cycles here in San Diego. with any luck i will be riding a monster home. thanks for then advice guys.

Awesome! We fully expect pics upon your return

BomberHead
PostApocalypticCore

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 02:55:56 PM »

i threw my leg around a one. it felt nice. i really like the feel of this bike in comparison to some of the other bikes i was looking at. the tank doesn't shove into my gut and i don't have to lay down on it superman style. at 5'9 i felt that the pegs were in the perfect position the overall stance on the bike is perfect. the dealer i went to doesn't have any bikes in stock. only the one demo model. so i would have to order one. my GF talked me into holding off another couple months until i had enough outright to buy it in cash. until im going to lurk. i like it here. Cheesy  you guys have been really helpful. thank you.
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 03:33:20 PM »

I wouldn't wait if you want the 695, they've discontinued them and are replacing it with the 696 line. So they are basically selling off stock. If you're ok with a used bike then by all means wait, you'll save yourself some cash for that Termi exhaust you need.  Evil

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
BastrdHK

Quit complaining, and ride the damn thing!

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 06:30:24 PM »

If you're ok with a used bike then by all means wait, you'll save yourself some cash for that Termi exhaust you need.  Evil

....he just don't know Cool

M-ROCin' it!!!
knightrider

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 10:23:50 PM »

hey bomber, there is a local SD guy named phil b. he just rolled over 150k on his 94 monster.

also you might want to check out moto forza in escondido, they might have what your looking for, although i always go to gp for all my needs as they are closest and the guys down there are great.

check out docsd.com  its the san diego doc for rides and other gatherings.

1994 M900
BomberHead
PostApocalypticCore

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 07:02:26 AM »

hey bomber, there is a local SD guy named phil b. he just rolled over 150k on his 94 monster.

also you might want to check out moto forza in escondido, they might have what your looking for, although i always go to gp for all my needs as they are closest and the guys down there are great.

check out docsd.com  its the san diego doc for rides and other gatherings.

right on. thanks man. Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: