Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 06, 2024, 11:12:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: '04 MS4R not idling correctly  (Read 6281 times)
normalcyispasse

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 09:38:32 PM »

Yep, turns out that it's the TPS. The TPS had been reset using the Ducati VDST and that didn't report a problem. However, a test with a custom harness extension, a multimeter and a screwdriver showed me today that the TPS was reporting erratic voltages at small throttle openings: It was internally consistent with the throttle shaft, though, so was fooling the scan tool. I cleaned the Weber PF09 unit as well as possible and reinstalled it.

Lo and behold, now the bike runs great! It's not sputtering or popping at all, even on closed-throttle deceleration.

On the other hand, based on a quick EGA test, it's running very fat. Well, an EGA test and the smell -- it's DEFINITELY running rich. But at least it's running! I'm out of the country for a couple weeks starting tomorrow; when I get back I'll probably replace the TPS and will definitely have to re-balance the throttle bodies and tune the bike.

And now I'd like to buy another TPS because I don't know that I trust this one. Looks like it was used in a number of Ducatis as well as Cagivas and even Ford cars. Hopefully I'll find one that's affordable!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:56:25 AM by normalcyispasse » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: