Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:26:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECU remapping options for 696  (Read 3675 times)
696DCRider

« on: May 14, 2013, 09:23:32 AM »

I already have a slip-on (SC Projects), but I have been looking into adding a K&N air filter.  I realize that once I do this, my air/fuel ratio will be off, so I will need to have my ECU reflashed.  I have read briefly about some of the options out there, but I still don't know what all of my options are and what would be the best route to go.  I spoke to a local Ducati shop, and they said they would charge me $350 for the ECU reflash.  That seems a little steep, but I don't know for certain.  I know they don't do it in house themselves, so I wonder if there is a cheaper option that can allow me to properly reflash it with the correct configuration and not have to worry about problems down the line.
TitanMonsterS4R

Yup, it's supposed to sound like that....

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »

I had my ECU reflashed by Houston Superbikes; I sent it to them with what I wanted done, they flashed and then shipped back.  Took a week I think total and cost me about the same amount that you're being quoted.  I not sure how close they will get your mapping with an SC Projects exhaust.

Sure someone will chime in and tell you that you can do it yourself, just not sure how..... 

06 Monster S4R - Red/Black Final Edition
696DCRider

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 12:44:39 PM »

Thanks for the response.  I actually ended up doing some more searching and found another thread that mentioned Redline Motorsports in Yorktown that will do it for $300.  Now, I'm trying to figure out if I should take the bike down there in person to have it tuned in addition or just rely on the reprogrammed ECU that I send them.  Looks like they would charge an extra 100 bucks for that.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 03:35:46 PM »

Thanks for the response.  I actually ended up doing some more searching and found another thread that mentioned Redline Motorsports in Yorktown that will do it for $300.  Now, I'm trying to figure out if I should take the bike down there in person to have it tuned in addition or just rely on the reprogrammed ECU that I send them.  Looks like they would charge an extra 100 bucks for that.
I understand that Redline are one of the few US rexxer reflash centres with the capability to create custom ECU mapping on their Dyno.  The rest of us can only get close to this by piggy-backing a PVC (or similar) device.  

Its the best option available IMO and at + $100 well worth it  waytogo

To not do so means that the "off the peg" reflash you'll get by sending them your ECU will no doubt be close enough.  But why get close when you can get ideal?

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:19:38 PM by ungeheuer » Logged

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
696DCRider

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 03:50:03 PM »

Thanks ungeheuer,  I think you sealed the deal for me.  I guess I will make the trip down there.  Thanks :thumbsup:

I understand that Redline are one of the few US rexxer reflash centres with the capability to create custom ECU mapping on their Dyno.  The rest of us can only get close to this by piggy-backing a PVC (or similar) device. 

Its the best option available IMO and at + $100 well worth it  waytogo

To not do so means that the "off the peg" reflash you'll get by sending them your ECU will no doubt be close enough.  But why get close when you gen get ideal?

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 04:18:24 PM »

It'd be my first option for sure (long way for me to ride though  Wink).

Good luck with it and be sure to let us know how it works out  waytogo.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: