Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:41:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bent Rim on a New Bike (Pic's included)  (Read 3378 times)
blue tiger

I'm damn near as tough as I am stupid.

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 08:33:48 AM »

Thank's for all the links. I wont make it to the dealership until Monday. I guess I'll start the process of getting the wheel off and shipping it someplace. I figured they might know of someplace local. The yellow pages and google aren't helping much here around Indianapolis. This is a real bummer because this is an awesome motorcycle otherwise.

I'm here to kick a*! and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of bubble gum.
eviltwin

eurotrash

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 10:24:01 AM »

I used Woody's. Tighter tolerances than others, & much cheaper than buying a new rim waytogo

http://www.woodyswheelworks.com/moto_wheels.shtml

+1, I didn't know anyone outside Colorado knew about them.   They do wonders on any type of wheel, car or bike.

We are 138
CountGreffi

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 11:42:10 AM »

I am sorry to hear/see what happened to the wheel. But I totally understand that you want it fixed, a lot of people are saying if it's okay then let it be. But obviously this is an issue based on looks, not just on performance. IMHO if you can afford to get a new one, I'd check with Ducati dealers outside your area and have it shipped. That little bend will drive you freaking crazy if you don't fix it. I know if that was my rim, I'd want a new one. If you can't afford to get it now, I'd ride it aslong as it is safe and then save up and get the new rim. Filing that insurance claim might be a great idea. Hope all goes well.
cg

Bikes:
2007 Ducati Monster S2R 800, Black
blue tiger

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 01:29:28 PM »

Just called the dealership. They said they use a place and unless it's really severe they can repair it like new. They said no problem just bring it in. I've had great service at this shop and trust them to do the right thing. I hope it's not down for to long.

Dave R

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 07:15:19 AM »

I wish more people would fill out the part of their profile that shows where they live  Huh?

In the PNW these guys have a stellar reputation  http://thewheelmaster.com

If you decide to replace it, I am certain the proper wheel can be obtained.

Dave R
Seattle Used Bikes
SALES - SERVICE - ACCESSORIES - PARTS
Facebook
Web
DesmoDog

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 07:23:15 AM »

I did the same thing to the front wheel on my 907... on the way home from the dealership after I bought it! Rode it that way for a while, then sent it to a wheel shop to be fixed. I had them send it straight to a buddy of mine to be repainted after the repair. When it arrived at his shop, he called and said I was nuts, no way it needed to be repainted.

17 years later I'd be hard pressed to find where it was bent and I've had zero problems with it. I'm sure yours can be fixed.

dlearl476

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 07:52:47 PM »

I hope it's not down for to long.

Dude, can you say "loaner"?  Grin

I thought you could.  Wink

blue tiger

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 10:36:57 PM »

The "loaner" will be my 2001 RoadKing it's just not near as fun as the Duke and I havt to do a little neglected PM on it. I've also called the mayor's office and sent an e-mail detailing the pothole and my desire to speak with someone over my compensation.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: