Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 09:53:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips on finding womens gear??  (Read 10097 times)
seevtsaab

05 M620

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 09:01:15 AM »

Any new ideas out there?
We're about to aquire a touring bike (BMW1100RS) so the Mrs will have some security the Monster did
not provide. Schedules dictate we won't be doing much riding in the heat of summer, but late spring / early fall stuff.
We'll have crap to shop locally, basic cruiser stuff especially the ladies. Chaps are ridiculous.
Vented leather would be ideal,  we'll add a separate outer rain layer.
I'd like to start with pants, jacket should be easy once that's chosen.

I've got Tourmaster textiles (Intake jacket and Flex pant) but for pants especially Mrs seevtsaab should
have something slightly more crashworthy.

Local we might find some Icon or Joe Rocket at least to compare sizing to shop MC Super-Store or Revzilla.
DesmoDiva

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 09:03:54 AM »

I would give a call to Frank's BMW in Essex Center, 878-3930.

Last time I was there they had a decent selection of ladies gear.

I have procured most of my gear for motorcycle superstore.  Undecided

I really like the frogg toggs for outer rain gear.  It's softer and more comfortable than the vinyl crap.

I got two long seasons out of my last jacket, the pants are still fine. 

Congrats on the new set of wheels!   Dolph

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
seevtsaab

05 M620

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 09:19:32 AM »

Thanks DD - we'll check em that's on the way to/from the grocery store!
My riding crew would not approve (no big fan's of Franks around) so I'll keep it on the sly.
We're liking (without seeing/trying) REV-IT Marryl or Gear pants, I figure everything else after pants will be easy.
I got Frogg Toggs - likely we'll go that route (additional wind protection is nice for cooler weather).
Heath

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 12:26:43 AM »

Bumping my old thread with an update.  I did end up getting her an Alpinestars Jacket off of eBay and the size fit from what we had tried on at Cyclegear.  During the summer though the jacket was just way too hot. We are going to hold on to it for now because it will make a good cold weather jacket. For Christmas I bought her a Rev'It Phoenix jacket.  Much more airflow, great protection and good build quality.  I can't comment on fit yet but because we have to wait for Christmas. :p

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 12:54:05 PM »

I hope she loves it! waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
1stduc

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 05:28:19 AM »

Pilot - Colemans in FC carries Rev'it. I'm not sure how much for the ladies, but if you're in that area could be worth a stop by. Though I tossed in with the other Italian devils before Rev'it really hit here, I've always been impressed with Rev'it stuff

If it's Rev'it you seek or anything else for that matter tell Melissa or Tyler that Darin sent you and they will hook you with a discount, Coleman's FC will also price match against any online dealer as long as what you are getting is still available online.
Heath

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 10:45:06 PM »

The Rev'It Phoenix jacket was a hit!  We haven't been riding for a couple months but when we tried it out it worked great. She said there was a lot of airflow. I was impressed with the quality of the jacket. I foresee some Rev'It gear for myself someday.  One downside I was surprised the jacket didn't come with a liner. I am just so used to jackets coming with them.  Oh well this jacket is for the summer anyways.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: