Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:13:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting a good deal - 696  (Read 3482 times)
707soldier

Combat Soldier Inc.

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 12:06:27 PM »

dude, you got it that far below MSRP? nice. they didn't make up much ground on the doc fees etc. that aren't so much givens on a purchase.  I wish the Los Angeles Dealers were as negotiable.

What happen is the original bike a 08 625 they sold me, was already sold by the dealership owner the night before to another customer.
So they offered me a 09 626 for the same price as the 08 625. Of course I said yes, quite a deal. Thanks

Ducati _______
Speed Triple 1050 sold
Daytona 675 SE sold
Dark Monster 696 sold

Live for nothing, Die for something.

"To really live, you must almost die, To those who fight for it,
Life and freedom have a meaning that the protected will never know"
johno

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 01:17:20 PM »

I agree, it is all in the situation, although, use the bike as a commuter then you wouldn't have to worry about it being a "toy."   waytogo   [moto]

Oh, and I say get a used bike, it wont hurt as much if you drop it....and most of us have been there. 

As always - lots of great tips.  Found better financing through another credit union.  More open to a used bike.  Probably a good reason to have a delay between deposit and arrival - a miny cooling off period.

"I know he can get the job, but can he DO the job.."

Movie refernce, anyone?

Ride.
johno

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 01:29:02 PM »

9.99 is way high!
if you are worried about the price, get another bike. I know you want this one... but wait a year, and there will be another one you want. so there will always be that unobtainable goal. My suggestion... get a shit kicker bike to ride around for a year... get some seat time.... save some cash... then in 7 months - a year, if you still lust for the 696... grab a used one. and sell the shit kicker for about as much money as you bought it for.

Oh, and The Ron must have a day job.  I assumed I was going to see some content from him on this issue.  He seems like a member with little or no opinions on the subject of the 696... laughingdp

Ride.
the ron

pseodohollageniccoumpoundcianigin

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 05:22:40 PM »

Oh, and The Ron must have a day job.  I assumed I was going to see some content from him on this issue.  He seems like a member with little or no opinions on the subject of the 696... laughingdp

696? whats that? is it some kind of new motorcycle i haven't heard about? Cool

the ron Evil

" If you were directly above him, then how did you see him?"
"...... Because i was inverted."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: