Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 04:12:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monster 696/796/1100 aluminum tank  (Read 40627 times)
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 07:50:07 AM »

that sucks... i have a 796abs too... the sec i saw this, i was thinking about moving towards it too...

maybe just have them email you once they get a working abs tank done?  i figure they'll have more market for it once the 1100evo comes standard with abs.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Mhanis

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 08:06:53 AM »

Any guesses what the toggle switch (or whatever) is on the top right hand side of the tank?

I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat.

Pete Townshend

2009 M1100 68,000+ miles- and climbing
2015 Suzuki TU250X 13,000+ miles
Enzoman

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 08:23:29 AM »

Any guesses what the toggle switch (or whatever) is on the top right hand side of the tank?

Reserve?
DukeDenver

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 08:23:52 AM »

gives power to the flux capacitor  Grin
jvax
in the land of the rising sun

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 08:43:30 AM »

Nitro switch  Evil  I wish  Grin

'08 R1200GS
'10 M796 ABS Black (Sold)
jvax

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 08:52:43 AM »

that sucks... i have a 796abs too... the sec i saw this, i was thinking about moving towards it too...

I wish Ducati hand't opted for a smaller inner tank to accommodate the ABS.

maybe just have them email you once they get a working abs tank done?  i figure they'll have more market for it once the 1100evo comes standard with abs.

perhaps, but someone will still have to be the first customer for them to start working on an ABS tank.

maybe enough of us can order tanks for ABS monsters at the same time to drive the price down.

who's in?

'08 R1200GS
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2011, 09:13:50 AM »

I'm interested, but it would be for a different model...prolly no help to you at all.

If possible, I'd like a quote on a S4rs tank and seat cowl in aluminum.  Would be sweet with what I have planned for after summer.

Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2011, 12:37:37 PM »

but someone will still have to be the first customer for them to start working on an ABS tank.

maybe enough of us can order tanks for ABS monsters at the same time to drive the price down.

who's in?

Considering other after market manufacturers have been known to do the 'prototype' free for volunteers ... I think the higher cost is a bit rich. I completely understand if it is a genuine 'one-off' - so your idea for a bulk order has merit.

You have the distinct advantage of being local, being able to communicate with the builders and having an untapped market on the DMF ... try and use that to your advantage. Unfortunately (for you) I would think the biggest market would be 'old-style'-plastic-tanked-Monsters (in the US) ... but again it doesn't mean you can't use that to your advantage - fancy life as a conduit?

Believe post content at your own risk.
jvax

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 04:36:20 PM »

Considering other after market manufacturers have been known to do the 'prototype' free for volunteers ... I think the higher cost is a bit rich. I completely understand if it is a genuine 'one-off' - so your idea for a bulk order has merit.

You have the distinct advantage of being local, being able to communicate with the builders and having an untapped market on the DMF ... try and use that to your advantage. Unfortunately (for you) I would think the biggest market would be 'old-style'-plastic-tanked-Monsters (in the US) ... but again it doesn't mean you can't use that to your advantage - fancy life as a conduit?

Life as a conduit... not really.  But I would not mind helping fellow DMFers Smiley

You do bring up a good point though - lemme check with the shop if they have the appetite and capacity for such a market.

I may reach out to you guys again for advice  waytogo

'08 R1200GS
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2011, 06:44:10 AM »

I can't imagine how tough things are over there, thank you for looking into it for us/me!

DucNaked
I'm not just the owner, I'm also a

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2011, 08:07:17 AM »

overflow?

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 09:11:08 AM »

overflow?

This. It's definitely a barb, not a switch

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
Raux
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 10:34:51 AM »

I like the idea of replacing the whole tank to get rid of any potential problems with ethanol

but the cost...  vomit   ducati should just go back to steel tanks since ethanol is being pushed everywhere.

would someone PLEASE figure out a way to stop the ethanol bandwagon...
Bishamon

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 11:30:42 AM »

I like the idea of replacing the whole tank to get rid of any potential problems with ethanol

but the cost...  vomit   ducati should just go back to steel tanks since ethanol is being pushed everywhere.

Steel isn't a solution, either, since ethanol is hygroscopic which can eventually result in corrosion.

would someone PLEASE figure out a way to stop the ethanol bandwagon...

+1

2011 Monster 796
2007 Sport 1000 SE (SOLD) Sad
Raux
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 11:39:38 AM »

so AL tank is the solution? ooo like that idea!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: