Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 07, 2024, 05:25:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HID Morimoto H1 Projector Install (Video)  (Read 42161 times)
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 05:31:34 PM »

i dont think i have any time to make any lenses right now. im in school pretty much everyday for more than 12 hours. Undecided if i do find the time i will try to make a batch since i have a jig i use to make em.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 05:34:53 PM »

i dont think i have any time to make any lenses right now. im in school pretty much everyday for more than 12 hours. Undecided if i do find the time i will try to make a batch since i have a jig i use to make em.

I feel ya man...School come first...good luck on your school work man.

Get back to us when you have some time.  chug

2001 Supersport 900 Yellow!!! (she's just so much fun)
2000 Monster 750 Carb Dark!!! (Sold and still full of regrets)
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »

Personally,  I like the flat lens look better.. although it might be worse for wind resistance

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
SupraGuy74
Popping wheelies and kissing babies!

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 02:52:30 PM »

Just ordered my harness projector and bulb, hoping to have my headlight retrofitted by the end of the week! And i think im ging with a flat lense

Silver paint with retro double-line tank logos, hard anodized fork tubes, DP megaphones, DP airbox, DP ECU, Speedymoto open clutch cover, DP press plate with stainless springs and retainers, Custom turn signals, Lucas solo rearsets, Apex fully adjustable clip-ons, D3 Alumitech grips, Rizoma bar ends, SSR preload adjusters, STM billet oil breather, Yoyodyne clutch slave, FP Racing tactical bi-fold levers, Cycle Cat frame sliders,  Speedymoto billet side cover ,CRG Lanesplitters, projectr retrofit
seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 07:51:54 PM »

Flat is okay...can't really tell wind dynamic though.

Just got a piece of lexan/Plexiglas from Ace hardware for $1.75.... big enough for two lenses.

Trying to make a curve lens this weekend.

xsephirot

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2012, 07:52:45 AM »

Will the morimoto ballast fit in those 4" lens?
seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 10:39:59 AM »

Will the morimoto ballast fit in those 4" lens?

I don't think so....the ballast pretty big

You talking about dual headlights right?

xsephirot

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »

I don't think so....the ballast pretty big

You talking about dual headlights right?

Yeah. Shame. Wanted twice the lumens  Grin
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2012, 07:03:26 PM »

actually it will. you just need to be super creative. i toyed with the idea, but i hate how duals look to begin with.

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
SupraGuy74

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2012, 07:39:19 PM »

you think plexiglass could be used as well? the ace by my house only has plexiglass no lexan

Silver paint with retro double-line tank logos, hard anodized fork tubes, DP megaphones, DP airbox, DP ECU, Speedymoto open clutch cover, DP press plate with stainless springs and retainers, Custom turn signals, Lucas solo rearsets, Apex fully adjustable clip-ons, D3 Alumitech grips, Rizoma bar ends, SSR preload adjusters, STM billet oil breather, Yoyodyne clutch slave, FP Racing tactical bi-fold levers, Cycle Cat frame sliders,  Speedymoto billet side cover ,CRG Lanesplitters, projectr retrofit
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2012, 09:37:48 PM »

you will need a much thicker piece. Plexiglass will shatter if u hit it hard enough.

seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 09:39:48 AM »

you will need a much thicker piece. Plexiglass will shatter if u hit it hard enough.

I cant tell the difference between the plexiglass and lexan but my piece i got from Ace works well.  I laid her down one time; my headlight hit the curve, dented the housing ring, but the plexi/lexan didnt break.  Flat piece

SupraGuy74

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2012, 11:21:14 AM »

So while in the debate on what type of front lens to run, my neighbor (professional framer) came over and was interested in seeing what i was doing, so i told him we talked, and he brought me a piece of acrylic glass. He said they use it instead of glass due to it being lighter and about 7 times stronger impact wise then regular glass. This is what acrylic fish tanks are made out of. Off to work i went

stuff actually looks pretty good, and my mistake using a sharpie, led me to have to beat the heck out of it with a rag and some wd40 to get the sharpie off, i was pressing down pretty hard, even getting a little bend in it at one point and she handled it just fine.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:20:42 PM by SupraGuy74 » Logged

SupraGuy74

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2012, 11:25:07 AM »

I cant tell the difference between the plexiglass and lexan but my piece i got from Ace works well.  I laid her down one time; my headlight hit the curve, dented the housing ring, but the plexi/lexan didnt break.  Flat piece

lexan is more of a plastic polycarbonate type material (they make rc car bodies out of lexan) and plexiglas is just that half plastic half glass. Easiest way to tell the difference is plexiglass cuts just like glass, and is sharp just like glass, lexan wont cut your fingers up on the edge. waytogo

seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2012, 06:07:46 PM »

lexan is more of a plastic polycarbonate type material (they make rc car bodies out of lexan) and plexiglas is just that half plastic half glass. Easiest way to tell the difference is plexiglass cuts just like glass, and is sharp just like glass, lexan wont cut your fingers up on the edge. waytogo

Cool...then I have lexan then hehe...good work

I'm thinking about selling my retrofit projector, but don't know if I should.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: