Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 07, 2024, 05:23:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HID Morimoto H1 Projector Install (Video)  (Read 42141 times)
SupraGuy74
Popping wheelies and kissing babies!

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2012, 11:28:42 AM »

welp new update lol, My dad whose mechanical skill is much more attention to detail type oriented, was critiquing my front lens yesterday while i was at work. Called me up and told me to come talk to him when i got home. He basically said if that factory was going to do something like that, what would they use? Plastic or glass. Well my awnser was glass. So a awesome upholstery and glass company that sponsors our race car was my first stop this morning where for free, he cut me out a piece of safety glass for the front lens.

looks much much cleaner then the lexan, due to it actually being glass. So just throwing it out their if somebody else was thinking about doing this mod, that you can run glass.

Silver paint with retro double-line tank logos, hard anodized fork tubes, DP megaphones, DP airbox, DP ECU, Speedymoto open clutch cover, DP press plate with stainless springs and retainers, Custom turn signals, Lucas solo rearsets, Apex fully adjustable clip-ons, D3 Alumitech grips, Rizoma bar ends, SSR preload adjusters, STM billet oil breather, Yoyodyne clutch slave, FP Racing tactical bi-fold levers, Cycle Cat frame sliders,  Speedymoto billet side cover ,CRG Lanesplitters, projectr retrofit
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »

oh sweet can you make some of that for us? I would love to use safety glass!

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2012, 02:28:15 PM »

dang david, gotta send me one...haha

2001 Supersport 900 Yellow!!! (she's just so much fun)
2000 Monster 750 Carb Dark!!! (Sold and still full of regrets)
xsephirot

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2012, 04:23:03 PM »

Haha yeah with  the above. I'll be willing to pay for the cost and shipping for the safety glass
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2012, 06:21:20 PM »

first dibs to those that already have this custom light.  would luv to get my hands on that.   

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2012, 07:21:23 PM »

depends on who can make it cheaper. i quoted it out here and it was like $70 a lens since it had to be hand made. let see who can get a good quote on them and do a group purchase.

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
SupraGuy74

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2012, 01:34:47 AM »

Well if you guys would like safety glass lenses I can get them he shouldnt charge me more then around 10 a lens or so, tell you what if i can get some made, ill ship them out to you guys for what he charges me, would love to see more monsters with a clean more efficient headlight system. and hell every person ive personally spoke to on this forum is a stand up guy, time to do my part.  waytogo
my progress for today

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:56:58 AM by SupraGuy74 » Logged

Silver paint with retro double-line tank logos, hard anodized fork tubes, DP megaphones, DP airbox, DP ECU, Speedymoto open clutch cover, DP press plate with stainless springs and retainers, Custom turn signals, Lucas solo rearsets, Apex fully adjustable clip-ons, D3 Alumitech grips, Rizoma bar ends, SSR preload adjusters, STM billet oil breather, Yoyodyne clutch slave, FP Racing tactical bi-fold levers, Cycle Cat frame sliders,  Speedymoto billet side cover ,CRG Lanesplitters, projectr retrofit
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2012, 04:36:41 AM »

Well if you guys would like safety glass lenses I can get them he shouldnt charge me more then around 10 a lens or so, tell you what if i can get some made, ill ship them out to you guys for what he charges me, would love to see more monsters with a clean more efficient headlight system. and hell every person ive personally spoke to on this forum is a stand up guy, time to do my part.  waytogo
my progress for today

looking good. 

yes, it would be great if you can find out.  not to sound greedy, but i would not mind having two for my 2004 620cc monster (keep a spare in case of damage)

seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2012, 08:53:10 AM »

Nice work!!!

Yeah let us know if you can get some for us.

btw...which shroud is that? I should have gotten that one....  Undecided

xsephirot

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2012, 09:51:05 AM »

Nice work!!!

Yeah let us know if you can get some for us.

btw...which shroud is that? I should have gotten that one....  Undecided

Yeah that shroud looks good. I am not a fan of all those chrome shrouds. Unfortunately it's necessary to keep your light from glaring.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »

man this is awesome. im really glad you found a cheap source for lenses. are they flat or concaved?

SupraGuy74

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2012, 06:02:08 PM »

Shroud is the e55r and I used tamiya model acrylic to paint it black. My bike has no chrome whatsoever just gray and black so I can't have a chrome shield. I also added a led strip inside I'll post finished photos when I get home. And the lens is flat I'm sure her can use a old windshield and concave it.

seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2012, 06:37:18 PM »

Shroud is the e55r and I used tamiya model acrylic to paint it black. My bike has no chrome whatsoever just gray and black so I can't have a chrome shield. I also added a led strip inside I'll post finished photos when I get home. And the lens is flat I'm sure her can use a old windshield and concave it.

Oh you painted it, cuz I didn't see black shroud...

Man if you can get me one of those lens would be awesome...

ab
ab

ab

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2012, 07:48:47 PM »

on my 620M, the flat lexan would not fit for some reason but the concave one fit.  hope that can be made somehow.

SupraGuy74

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2012, 01:52:02 AM »

well gentleman i think this makes me number four with this setup? anyways shes all done and im loving it!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: