Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 07, 2024, 05:27:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HID Morimoto H1 Projector Install (Video)  (Read 42174 times)
ab
ab

ab

ab
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2012, 07:28:31 AM »

waytogo. Looks gr8.

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 09:28:28 AM »

waytogo excellent job...looks better than mine

2001 Supersport 900 Yellow!!! (she's just so much fun)
2000 Monster 750 Carb Dark!!! (Sold and still full of regrets)
SupraGuy74
Popping wheelies and kissing babies!

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2012, 10:23:23 AM »

yea well last night after getting it all together my cutoff line was horrid, so i had to move the gauges around to move them up and be able to get the light up. Just crazy how much different it is.

Silver paint with retro double-line tank logos, hard anodized fork tubes, DP megaphones, DP airbox, DP ECU, Speedymoto open clutch cover, DP press plate with stainless springs and retainers, Custom turn signals, Lucas solo rearsets, Apex fully adjustable clip-ons, D3 Alumitech grips, Rizoma bar ends, SSR preload adjusters, STM billet oil breather, Yoyodyne clutch slave, FP Racing tactical bi-fold levers, Cycle Cat frame sliders,  Speedymoto billet side cover ,CRG Lanesplitters, projectr retrofit
SupraGuy74

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2012, 04:36:24 PM »

waytogo excellent job...looks better than mine

And I ended up running the projector a different way so you don't have to extend the brackets seanster. If you want to see how I did it let me know I'll send you the info.

Silver paint with retro double-line tank logos, hard anodized fork tubes, DP megaphones, DP airbox, DP ECU, Speedymoto open clutch cover, DP press plate with stainless springs and retainers, Custom turn signals, Lucas solo rearsets, Apex fully adjustable clip-ons, D3 Alumitech grips, Rizoma bar ends, SSR preload adjusters, STM billet oil breather, Yoyodyne clutch slave, FP Racing tactical bi-fold levers, Cycle Cat frame sliders,  Speedymoto billet side cover ,CRG Lanesplitters, projectr retrofit
seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2012, 05:48:41 PM »

And I ended up running the projector a different way so you don't have to extend the brackets seanster. If you want to see how I did it let me know I'll send you the info.

That's good to hear...thanks but the extension worked out well for me because I mounted my ballast and relay there...

xsephirot

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2012, 07:21:04 AM »

Could you send me that info please? I want to make sure I do it right.
SupraGuy74

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2012, 09:00:37 AM »

Could you send me that info please? I want to make sure I do it right.

theres no right way, everybody does things differently

seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 09:42:09 AM »

waytogo

xsephirot

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »

Haha touche. But I want to make sure I can get that whole ballast in without having to extend my brackets. Another guy here extended his and it looked fugly until he designed a sweet looking windscreen that made the lines flow.
SupraGuy74

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 04:35:29 PM »

Haha touche. But I want to make sure I can get that whole ballast in without having to extend my brackets. Another guy here extended his and it looked fugly until he designed a sweet looking windscreen that made the lines flow.

i'd watch who you criticize on the forum, that guy with the so called (fugly) looking bike posted right above you, and he happens to be one of the cooler people ive met on the forum, so not to be a dick, but dont disrespect somebody elses time and hard work. I put my ballast and relay on top of the airbox for the time being. Im going to figure out new trick place to mount them when i have some time to get into it.

and mods if theres an issue with what i posted above, let me know and i will change it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:53:03 PM by SupraGuy74 » Logged

seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2012, 04:59:12 PM »

I don't really give a darm about what other said anyways...as long as I got it work with help from the forum of course.

I'm guessing you don't know what pod filters are and what's no air box mean...

For the record, I didn't design the so call Sweet windscreen...I got it some someone here on the forum.

xsephirot

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2012, 06:10:20 AM »

i'd watch who you criticize on the forum, that guy with the so called (fugly) looking bike posted right above you, and he happens to be one of the cooler people ive met on the forum, so not to be a dick, but dont disrespect somebody elses time and hard work. I put my ballast and relay on top of the airbox for the time being. Im going to figure out new trick place to mount them when i have some time to get into it.

and mods if theres an issue with what i posted above, let me know and i will change it.

I don't really give a darm about what other said anyways...as long as I got it work with help from the forum of course.

I'm guessing you don't know what pod filters are and what's no air box mean...

For the record, I didn't design the so call Sweet windscreen...I got it some someone here on the forum.

Opinions and criticizing are 2 separate things. I don't see why you 2 all of a sudden have your panties stuck in a bunch. Show me where I was disrespectful and I will apologize Roll Eyes. I merely stated an opinion  that the naked look with an extended bracket did not look right (fugly). And the windscreen that masked it made it look a ton better.
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2012, 02:43:45 PM »

.... I put my ballast and relay on top of the airbox for the time being. ....

same here.  ballast is on top of air box.  The small ballast I had shorted so I bought another one that is bit big in size.  i am fine with it being there.

you guys got any electrical issues?   When you ignition on your bike, check engine due to spike from the hid-light triggering the computer ... ?  If I quikly put ignition on 2nd time again, the warning light goes off.

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2012, 03:08:55 PM »

same here.  ballast is on top of air box.  The small ballast I had shorted so I bought another one that is bit big in size.  i am fine with it being there.

you guys got any electrical issues?   When you ignition on your bike, check engine due to spike from the hid-light triggering the computer ... ?  If I quikly put ignition on 2nd time again, the warning light goes off.

I saw a guy on the forum created some kind of tray to mount things above the pods...thinking of doing that...

I have no electrical issues though...but I went through a lot of fuse since i'm bad at working with electricity haha

SupraGuy74

« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2012, 09:57:08 AM »

well i bought all my stuff from the retrofit source and last night either the ballast or the bulb crapped out on me. Sucks i can't test either one because it being a bike means i only have one and can't switch ballasts and bulbs. Called them up and they sent me a replacement bulb and ballast, and a extra bulb and ballast for a spare for 50 bucks.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: