Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 07, 2024, 05:25:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HID Morimoto H1 Projector Install (Video)  (Read 42146 times)
SupraGuy74
Popping wheelies and kissing babies!

« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2012, 03:27:49 PM »

Haha touche. But I want to make sure I can get that whole ballast in without having to extend my brackets. Another guy here extended his and it looked fugly until he designed a sweet looking windscreen that made the lines flow.

Sorry I came off so quickly to you, all I ask is respect other peoples hard work, not saying you did or didn't, but calling something fugly just isn't right in my book (especially after knowing the time and effort he put into his design after I talked to him.) Sorry about my rude response.

Silver paint with retro double-line tank logos, hard anodized fork tubes, DP megaphones, DP airbox, DP ECU, Speedymoto open clutch cover, DP press plate with stainless springs and retainers, Custom turn signals, Lucas solo rearsets, Apex fully adjustable clip-ons, D3 Alumitech grips, Rizoma bar ends, SSR preload adjusters, STM billet oil breather, Yoyodyne clutch slave, FP Racing tactical bi-fold levers, Cycle Cat frame sliders,  Speedymoto billet side cover ,CRG Lanesplitters, projectr retrofit
seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2012, 08:00:03 PM »

waytogo
well said...and i do appologized too

Sorry I came off so quickly to you, all I ask is respect other peoples hard work, not saying you did or didn't, but calling something fugly just isn't right in my book (especially after knowing the time and effort he put into his design after I talked to him.) Sorry about my rude response.

2001 Supersport 900 Yellow!!! (she's just so much fun)
2000 Monster 750 Carb Dark!!! (Sold and still full of regrets)
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »

both of your bikes are fugly! Grin

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2012, 10:17:50 AM »

Spoken like a true diplomat laughingdp
xsephirot

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2012, 10:49:15 AM »

waytogo
well said...and i do appologized too

I meant no disrespect to either of you. Glad we cleared that up.

laughingdp applause
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2012, 03:53:25 PM »

The whole episode was kind of funny and the apologizing part was right out of a comedy skit   popcorn

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
SupraGuy74

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »

i wonder if fglyduc is taken in the california dmv system if not I'm getting it!

Silver paint with retro double-line tank logos, hard anodized fork tubes, DP megaphones, DP airbox, DP ECU, Speedymoto open clutch cover, DP press plate with stainless springs and retainers, Custom turn signals, Lucas solo rearsets, Apex fully adjustable clip-ons, D3 Alumitech grips, Rizoma bar ends, SSR preload adjusters, STM billet oil breather, Yoyodyne clutch slave, FP Racing tactical bi-fold levers, Cycle Cat frame sliders,  Speedymoto billet side cover ,CRG Lanesplitters, projectr retrofit
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2012, 10:01:27 AM »

Anymore with night shots of the output?

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
SupraGuy74

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2012, 07:11:49 PM »

So me being who i am and never leaving anything alone after it works  bang head i decided to open up the case and do a little detail work

ended up painting everything! inside the housing black, and decided to paint a 1 inch black detail ring around the glass. I like it cleans it up a tad bit more and god is the output to nice

cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2012, 08:26:38 AM »

Awesome.  I like.. 

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2012, 05:10:35 PM »

Ok, i am really having a hard time finding what exactly to buy here to replace my damaged bulbs (trailer accident  bang head ).

Went to auto zone and the h1 bulb didn't have any wiring.  Then the guys pulled a ds2 bulb only which was like $99 ouch.  Wasn;'t expecting that.

Can anyone point me to where I can get a replacement and specs?  looking for morimoto...

I looked in this website from google search but not sure if it comes with the wires which i need.  Which product should i be selecting from the website below? (please help)

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=4117

Whats the difference with the H1 vs D2S?

What do you guys have EXACTLY?

(as you can see i also need the wiring)

HID by ab_duc620M2004, on Flickr

HID by ab_duc620M2004, on Flickr

HID bulb by ab_duc620M2004, on Flickr

2011-10-18 - 10-46-17 - Ducati Monster Trailer Launch Accident - 17 by ab_duc620M2004, on Flickr

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:18:08 PM by ab » Logged

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »

Didnt I send you the link to the proper bulbs? or was that some else?

ALL HID BULBS USE THE SAME WIRE unless stated otherwise (which i have not yet seen unless its some OEM stuff)

with that said, its just a matter of the socket that it fits into. the housing you have is designed for H1 bulbs.

So buy an H1 HID bulb. not a H1 Halogen or Xenon or whatever. it has to be H1 HID.

just to be clear there are incandecent bulbs that are filled with xenon gas. HID bulbs just so happen to filled with xenon gas too, but they operate differently (one requires high voltage to start the arc, the other is a filament).

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
SupraGuy74

« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2012, 06:33:58 PM »

if you have a retrofit kit from theretrofitsource i have 2 extra bulbs

ab
ab

ab

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2012, 07:27:08 PM »

Thanks He-Man.  I have ordered it and will keep my fingers crossed for fit.

(my first ever ebay purchase believe it or not people).  I tend to get all my bike needs from DMF.   waytogo

SupraGuy74

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2012, 07:44:09 PM »

well my guy that does the glass has been out of town for a good while and is finally back so I'm ring to go down there and get as many made as possible. Who would like them copy and paste a list and ill see what i can do.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: