Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 07, 2024, 03:21:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HID Morimoto H1 Projector Install (Video)  (Read 42114 times)
kyle

« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2012, 05:47:21 AM »

Looks awesome mate!

Ordered the truck lite phase 7 headlight today, should have it in a week or two. Looking forward to fitting it ip
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2012, 11:19:13 AM »

Pics are coming up blank with a ? In middle..

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
sxt173

Lemur. Weird. yeah...

« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2012, 11:34:43 AM »

Oops, that's odd. I wonder if the site I used has a view limit.  I will fix later tonight.

-----------------------
2007 Ducati Monster 695
Red on Black (or is it Black on Red???)
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »

its probbaly the website that hes hosting from, but they do look pretty sweet

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Diego

« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2012, 09:23:11 PM »

Great write up thanks a lot guys.

did you get those lenses made supra guy? If you can still add me on the list would be awesome!  waytogo

if not no worries  waytogo

sxt173

Lemur. Weird. yeah...

« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2012, 07:05:11 AM »

UPDATE: Some people were having problems viewing the pictures.  I think hosting them on my generic Google Sites page did not work out to good.  So, I've uploaded the pictures to Flickr, link to album below.  Individual pictures are still not cooperating, so you'll have to click through to flickr.

original text:
I just finished my HID retrofit and here are the pics!  This took me a while because I went with a larger projector + I decided I did not like the flat glass look and wanted to keep the rounded clear cover.  So I had a 4 1/4in piece of glass cut that I attached to the center of the old lens that I cut out.

Long story short, lots of Dremeling, lots and lots of sanding, painting and cutting and here are the final product pics.  Also, don't skimp on good outdoor all weather silicone!  I may have a custom black aluminum ring cut to go where the black plastic ring currently is.  I need to have something there to cover the seam of the glass joining the plastic and I'm not a fan of the plastic I used:

Link to full set: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzp7crp

-----------------------
2007 Ducati Monster 695
seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2012, 09:48:45 AM »

Dude...it looks awesome...I really dig that lens you made.  May have to try that.  You used dremel to cut the glass?  how?

You extended your bracket...do you feel the rattle when you ride?  For that reason that's why I ditched the extended section and went with He-man method.

awesome overall!!!  waytogo

2001 Supersport 900 Yellow!!! (she's just so much fun)
2000 Monster 750 Carb Dark!!! (Sold and still full of regrets)
sxt173

Lemur. Weird. yeah...

« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2012, 10:45:23 AM »

@seanster,

- I cut out the old clear plastic headlight cover/shield with a dremel to make a 4 1/4 inch round opening to insert glass.  I then went to a glass shop and had them cut a circle for me out of glass.  I then fitted the glass circle into the hole I had dremeled in the plastic and secured it with a few drops of crazy glue and good quality all weather silicone.  I did leave a smallish gap for the silicone to fill, so that if the plastic and glass expand/contract at different rates, it will not pop out.

- I will have to look again to see what He-Man did.  Somehow, the whole headlight has to come forward, because with my solution the housing has to be extended by 1 to 1 1/2 inches + the (really high quality) connector for the bulb from http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ adds about an inch too.  I would definitely discuss it with the guys at retrofitresource, they have all the specs for their kits listed on the site.  I had originally ordered a kit from a Chinese supplier, which was just the electronics & bulb, not a real projector, and the retrofitresource materials are by leaps and bounds better quality.  They even have kits (which I used) that are basically the projector, bulb, connection harness, etc. minus the ballast, relay, and other things in case you want to use an existing wiring/ballast kit.
Also, I think they have the mini projectors that may fit into our headlights without the need for dremeling the back, but I wanted the big one!  cheeky

- As for the bracket extenders, I've ridden around twice now since I finished the modifications, and the rattle/vibration in the headlight really isn't noticeable.  You have to concentrate when stopped and look at the light beam on the car in front of you to see it vibrating just a bit.  Definitely not a problem.   What I was more concerned with was making sure the bracket that is being held on by 1 point only on each side would not slip from the weight of the headlight (much much heavier than before) while driving down the road and have the light point down vs ahead (bad)  Shocked  It seems to be holding for now.  I used stainless steel machine bolts, a stainless tension washer and stainless lock nuts to make sure it would not move at all.  If it does slide, I may either add a second hole to the original bracket to have 2 points that attach the bracket extender to the old bracket, or I might use two bracket extenders on each side in a "V" shape.

-----------------------
2007 Ducati Monster 695
kyle

« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2012, 03:39:31 PM »

$250usd plus post and you'll have a led headlight that slots right into the oem bucket with no fuss and work just as well Wink
xsephirot

« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2012, 03:49:32 PM »

$250usd plus post and you'll have a led headlight that slots right into the oem bucket with no fuss and work just as well Wink

I want to see a pic of it. I'm guess there should be 6 or 7 LED diodes which may make the headlight look weird when you are parked (yes i'm that shallow). I like how with the HID its only one thing in the center that is visible. Still awkward but looks better than many diodes. I can't wait til BMW's laser headlight technology comes out. That would be clean cut.
seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »

lot of pics man!!!  Grin

2001 Supersport 900 Yellow!!! (she's just so much fun)
2000 Monster 750 Carb Dark!!! (Sold and still full of regrets)
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2012, 11:20:26 PM »

Nice work, sxt173!
kyle

« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2012, 01:28:17 AM »

Google 'truck lite phase 7'.
When mine comes I'll post pleeeernty of pics and videos for you guys.
Truck lite use a reflector with hi power LEDs facing backwards.
The jw speaker headlight uses a couple of high power LEDs facing forward through a projector not too dissimilar to a hid projector..
SupraGuy74
Popping wheelies and kissing babies!

« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »

i like the design of the projector in the stock lens, very very cool great work man

Silver paint with retro double-line tank logos, hard anodized fork tubes, DP megaphones, DP airbox, DP ECU, Speedymoto open clutch cover, DP press plate with stainless springs and retainers, Custom turn signals, Lucas solo rearsets, Apex fully adjustable clip-ons, D3 Alumitech grips, Rizoma bar ends, SSR preload adjusters, STM billet oil breather, Yoyodyne clutch slave, FP Racing tactical bi-fold levers, Cycle Cat frame sliders,  Speedymoto billet side cover ,CRG Lanesplitters, projectr retrofit
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2012, 01:55:32 PM »

waytogo

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: