Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 07, 2024, 03:22:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HID Morimoto H1 Projector Install (Video)  (Read 42116 times)
xsephirot

« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »

Google 'truck lite phase 7'.
When mine comes I'll post pleeeernty of pics and videos for you guys.
Truck lite use a reflector with hi power LEDs facing backwards.
The jw speaker headlight uses a couple of high power LEDs facing forward through a projector not too dissimilar to a hid projector..

I take my previous comment back. Looked it up. It looks pretty sweet! I also like how the LEDs face backwards.
zarn02

« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2012, 09:38:01 PM »

One question...my left hand switch only has two modes (e.g. high or low beam)

In day time I usually ride with my high beam on, but I don't like that very much.  What can I do to have a third option of turning the light off completely?  I have heard of European switches but that's too expensive for my liking?  Opinion?  Thanks!

As I'd also like the option to turn my headlights off (mainly so I don't have to power them while I'm trying to start the bike, pulling juice), I had a peek inside the switchgear the other day, to see if they'd just pinned the switch, as on my first bike (a '78 Suzuki GS750. The headlight switch could became magically operational after taking the switchgear apart and grinding off a pin using a concrete wall).

But, no such luck. If you knew what you were doing, you could probably install a switch and wire it to the correct places inside the U.S.-spec switchgear, but that's about it, other than disconnecting wiring. I think there's a Euro-spec headlight switch on Gotham Cycles right now for $129, which is a lot of money for a switch, but less than the new unit on Motowheels...

"If it weren't for our gallows humor, we'd have nothing to hang our hopes on."
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2012, 05:49:13 PM »

Replaced my HID bulb, but the ballast crapped out I think. Turn ignition on and light comes ob for a nano second  then completely off.  This is 3rd ballast :-(. Any recommendation on ballast?

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
kyle

« Reply #153 on: April 13, 2012, 06:06:30 PM »

Morimoto 5five ballast, run them in my car, can't beat them
xsephirot

« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2012, 07:09:22 PM »

Morimoto 5five ballast, run them in my car, can't beat them

kyle have you figured out what trim you will put around the headlight? I was reading some reviews and it seems like the truck lite sticks out a tiny bit more. The HD forum guys are using some french chrome trim I believe.
seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2012, 07:29:52 PM »

As I'd also like the option to turn my headlights off (mainly so I don't have to power them while I'm trying to start the bike, pulling juice), I had a peek inside the switchgear the other day, to see if they'd just pinned the switch, as on my first bike (a '78 Suzuki GS750. The headlight switch could became magically operational after taking the switchgear apart and grinding off a pin using a concrete wall).

But, no such luck. If you knew what you were doing, you could probably install a switch and wire it to the correct places inside the U.S.-spec switchgear, but that's about it, other than disconnecting wiring. I think there's a Euro-spec headlight switch on Gotham Cycles right now for $129, which is a lot of money for a switch, but less than the new unit on Motowheels...

what about this?

http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/k-s-offroad-hand-switch-w-light-shut-off

OR

Harness:  http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/VStrom/body_vstrom.html#lobeamcut
with this toggle switch to install on the right hand side since there is a little empty space not use.
Toggle Switch (to the bottom): http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Switches/dpstrockswitches.html
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:15:04 PM by seanster » Logged

2001 Supersport 900 Yellow!!! (she's just so much fun)
2000 Monster 750 Carb Dark!!! (Sold and still full of regrets)
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »

i have a xentec ebay ballast, going strong for over 2 years now.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2012, 10:54:30 AM »

Thx He-Man.  I see there is lots of xentec ballast on eBay.  Not exactly sure which one to pick but will go for it.

kyle

« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2012, 12:53:05 AM »

kyle have you figured out what trim you will put around the headlight? I was reading some reviews and it seems like the truck lite sticks out a tiny bit more. The HD forum guys are using some french chrome trim I believe.
not as yet, it only turned up 2 days ago.. Sender apparently thought that 'new south wales' which is a state of Australia was actually in great Britain! Lol..

Anyway, it's here, it's make the beast with two backsing bright!!!! And it's 7" diameter, Ducati bucket is 8".. So off to buy a generic 7" bucket! No problems there!! Ideally I'd love to make a custom carbon one.
xsephirot

« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2012, 09:30:46 AM »

not as yet, it only turned up 2 days ago.. Sender apparently thought that 'new south wales' which is a state of Australia was actually in great Britain! Lol..

Anyway, it's here, it's make the beast with two backsing bright!!!! And it's 7" diameter, Ducati bucket is 8".. So off to buy a generic 7" bucket! No problems there!! Ideally I'd love to make a custom carbon one.

I thought a duc's headlight was a generic 7"?? Not possible to keep the headlight steady and still in the stock bucket?
seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2012, 09:55:44 AM »

not exactly 7" i believe...it's some odd number 7 1/4 or 7 3/4 but definitely not 8"

2001 Supersport 900 Yellow!!! (she's just so much fun)
2000 Monster 750 Carb Dark!!! (Sold and still full of regrets)
kyle

« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »

There's a good 1/2 inch difference at least!
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2012, 06:45:42 PM »

Should probably update this.

I got a piece of glass cut to fit. clarity is off the charts. though for many who do this, it will not fit. the glass is up on the projector itself. if you are just a hair off the glass would crack on install.

I also bought a new wire off ebay. it feeds directly off the H4 harness from the bike instead of the battery. It technically should be enough power, the circuitry however is RETARDED. when you go to high beam, the solenoid is powered. when you go back to low beam, the circuit dies and restarts.

unforuntely i sniped the harness i built, but i forgot i drew (in MS paint) how i made it so i can just rebuild it.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »

Lighted pics soon?   Looks good..

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2012, 07:58:52 PM »

After much electrical problems and now immobilizer not allowing me to start bike, I am considering sadly to take the HID light off and go back to stock.  I am working on getting the ECU reflashed at the moment.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: