Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:19:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official NW Section Drinking Thread  (Read 194734 times)
SaltLick
« Reply #495 on: November 04, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »

All those wines you speak of is dish water.

For the good stuff, try night train.
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #496 on: November 04, 2008, 01:37:56 PM »

Mad Dog 20-20 for me please... G will take some T-Bird... 

Lips Sealed

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
oregunduc

« Reply #497 on: November 04, 2008, 01:42:24 PM »

quote author=SaltLick link=topic=483.msg249004#msg249004 date=1225834224]
All those wines you speak of is dish water.

For the good stuff, try night train.
[/quote]

Yes please could i have mine mixed with some sprite  Grin

06 S2R 800 tangerine and black, CRG mirrors, modified exhaust, tail chop... Just the basic stuff
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #498 on: November 04, 2008, 02:21:43 PM »

Well Chuck, if it makes you feel any better, I concur on the assessment of Henry's.  Overpriced, too loud, too crowded, yuppiesville.

I prefer a hole in the wall where we can actually converse like civilized human beings, and shoot pool without waiting an hour or more for some corporate group to be done with their <snooty voice>reservation</snooty voice>.  Roll Eyes

IIRC, Kristine said something to the same effect, preferring someplace lower-key.

Okay... we need to make sure we have a good turnout next time Mike is over here... poor guy was neglected last time.  Same goes for Marvs & Gracie.

So... do we have an official list anywhere of the good places to go?

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
NEIKOS
« Reply #499 on: November 04, 2008, 02:25:01 PM »

OOOOHHHHHHH . . . a list!  There's a thought!

Did you guys do that Hopwerks place? How was that?

I'd be up for the Black Cat again.  That's a hole-in-the wall and not the dive I was told it was.

Ummmmm . . . that pool place on 23rd is OK.

Something new would be good.

Am I the only one wanting to go out TH?

ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #500 on: November 04, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »

That McMenamins on 23rd or the Uptown Billiards on 23rd.... cause Uptown is way super high price.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
NEIKOS
« Reply #501 on: November 04, 2008, 02:54:23 PM »

Whaz Uptown Billiards?
ryandalling

« Reply #502 on: November 04, 2008, 03:08:32 PM »

Awesome pool hall on 23rd... hot chicks... quiet... great food... but like 20 bucks an hour on the tables and very spendy drinks.

Edit: Total yuppy joint.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 03:17:39 PM by ryandalling » Logged

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
NEIKOS
« Reply #503 on: November 04, 2008, 03:18:55 PM »

Awesome pool hall on 23rd... hot chicks... quiet... great food... but like 20 bucks an hour on the tables and very spendy drinks.

Shocked

Any other suggestions?
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #504 on: November 04, 2008, 06:52:10 PM »

Never been to the Black Cat, but some of my coworkers like it.

McMenamins Tavern & Pool on NW 23rd is a halfway decent standby.

I'd also be down for any other McMenamins locations with billiards.  Decent food, good beer, and I like the atmosphere.

Hopworks has good food and great beer, but I didn't see a pool table, and it can get fricken BUSY.  However, it's more "Portland" (read: wierd) than the yuppity Henry's.  I'd definitely go there again for food and brewskis.

Kelly's Olympian... cool motorcycle joint, good place to hang out, but I didn't see a pool table.

Chuck... what was that place we went to in Beaverton a few months back?  You, me, Ryan, and Dave.  They had shuffleboard, and I can't remember if they also had pool.  That seemed like a decent hangout, again with good food and beer.

Aaaaand, we see how limited Dan's exposure to brewpubs and pool halls is.  Silver Dollar is a dive bar, McFadden's is too... "clubby".  Dixie Tavern is **not** our kind of place.  I won't be back to Barracuda anytime in the forseeable future.  McMenamins Blue Moon... one or two pool tables, and ya might as well head up to the Tavern & Pool, otherwise a good place to hang out.

Oh hey... it's kinda yuppie-ish, but anyone else have an opinion on Rock Bottom in downtown?  I can't remember what the prices are like, and I've never seen the pool room, but I know they've got one.  May run into the same problem as Henry's... uppity wankers reserving the whole billiard room.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
NEIKOS
« Reply #505 on: November 04, 2008, 07:01:35 PM »

Yah, Rock Bottom has a nice pool room . . . but it's kinda like Henry's.

AND last time i was there they called the police to come and remove Baldo and me from the premises . . . not sure you guys can live up to that kinda experience.  Wink
The_HOT_Blonde

« Reply #506 on: November 04, 2008, 07:06:20 PM »

What about Rialto in downtown PDX?  I haven't been there in ages, so I'm not certain of the pricing.  The last time I was there, though, the drinks were yummy and there were even hot chicks for those so inclined... not exactly quiet, but you shouldn't have to scream.
NEIKOS
« Reply #507 on: November 04, 2008, 07:10:22 PM »

I remember liking the Rialto last time I was there . . .
ryandalling

« Reply #508 on: November 04, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »

That was Old Market Pub... over by my place... they got pool and shuffle board... and the shuffle tables are bigger and better than black cat... plus its stumbling distance to my house... and like two streets to Chucks place.... very easy cheesy.

Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #509 on: November 04, 2008, 08:21:03 PM »

You guys could always try Boiler Room

Darkhorse den mother
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: