Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 02:21:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $60 Million TX high school football staduim  (Read 2603 times)
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« on: May 01, 2011, 07:57:25 PM »

"If you haven't been to TX, you don't know what it's like." 

uh huh!! ^^

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/sports/2011/04/29/mckay.60.million.hs.stadium.cnn?hpt=T2

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 09:17:48 PM »

Watch all seasons of Friday Night Lights and it all makes sense.
redxblack

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:33:26 PM »

Must have been a hell of a bakesale!
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:36:42 PM »

Watch all seasons of Friday Night Lights and it all makes sense.

I know all too well what it's like!  I worked in Lake Travis schools.  It's just outside of Austin.  They are #1 in the state in football & basketball.  I had to plan my Fridays since I lived across the street from the stadium and the traffic was insane!  

The high school has a 40 yd indoor practice field.  The weightroom was better than some of the 24 Hour Fitness gyms I've been to.  

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2008/12/17/your-weight-room-sucks/

BTW..FNL was filmed next door to my Aikido dojo in South Austin at The Broken Spoke.  http://www.brokenspokeaustintx.com/  

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 10:11:11 AM »

Yep, I live in Texas and high school football is just like they said it is in the video clip. Funny though, Allen is just north of Dallas where I live and I haven't heard a thing about the mega-stadium. Sounds like a high school version of what Jerry Jones built for the Cowgirls. Grin To me $60 million would hire back a lot of layed off teachers. Roll Eyes

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
dropstharockalot
Sex-Toy Bludgeonin'

The Teabaggin' Dragon

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 05:10:49 AM »

60 mil is more than the football stadium at my university. WTF, texas?

'96 M900
Stage One - K&N Pods- DynaCoils - Remus Ti Hi-mount pipes (dented) -Thrashed paint - dented tank - Oberon bar-ends
Drjones

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 05:24:48 AM »

There are other facilities to be built in that $60 million price tag, so it is irresponsible and false reporting to bill it as a "$60 million dollar football stadium."  It is still a lot of money that could arguably be used for better things like science and engineering programs.  It is also just the latest in a trend in TX; see $75 million for football/basketball/concert hall in Cy-Fair (NW Houston) http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/5193-cy-fairs-berry-stadium/

"Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else tomorrow."

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
factorPlayer

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 03:36:20 AM »

God I despise football sometimes.  Not so much football, but what people make of it.  It's a make the beast with two backsing game.
metallimonster

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 04:25:53 AM »

God I despise football sometimes.  Not so much football, but what people make of it.  It's a make the beast with two backsing game.

To this statement, check out Outside the Lines on ESPN this week.  It's all about Little League in South Florida where drug dealers and thugs bet on and pay 6-14 year old kids.  Sometimes as much as $20k a game.  They interviewed players and they would get thousands of dollars if they had a good game. The league president and a coach who is a "community leader " both were caught on tape gambling and couldn't stop stuttering when ESPN called them out.

Wherever I May Roam, Where I Lay My Head Is Home
02 620 Dark- High Mount CF Arrows
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 04:36:48 AM »

is this a private high school that built 60 million dollars worth of sports facilities?

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
Drjones

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 06:13:49 AM »

All examples in this thread are public schools.

"Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else tomorrow."

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 06:45:38 AM »

To this statement, check out Outside the Lines on ESPN this week.  It's all about Little League in South Florida where drug dealers and thugs bet on and pay 6-14 year old kids.  Sometimes as much as $20k a game.  They interviewed players and they would get thousands of dollars if they had a good game. The league president and a coach who is a "community leader " both were caught on tape gambling and couldn't stop stuttering when ESPN called them out.

Shocked

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: